Epilogue

Note: And finally haha! Hello, guys, we're at another end again! Out of all the stories I've written so far, my heart stayed the longest with this installment, and to be honest, it's quite a struggle to find some time to write around my schedules. That's why, I really wanna thank every one of you, who's always been patient over my inconsistent updates and inactivity. Thank you for reaching here! 

And lastly, before you proceed, please know that I'm always rooting for you all. Good luck in your individual pursuits! See you at the last installment! I'll try my best to be better so please watch over me.

Salamat palagi! 

xxx

CB51

Epilogue

She was in my dreams.

I can visualize everything in that dream clearly. It was just the usual. Her. Me. In silence and peace. She was smiling and she looks happy... but I am so confused. I don't understand why she sounds so sad. Why is she saying goodbye?

How come a dream can be this distorted?

That was the first and the last time she visited me in my dreams. I was waiting for her to come by again... but no. She didn't.

Just like every day after I woke again. I waited... and waited. That was when I realized that the dream was real. She really came to say goodbye. How stupid of me to picture her in that kind of dream. How stupid that I don't even have a chance to stop her or even to ask her why.

"I don't understand..."

"Well, you don't need to understand immediately."

Lumingon ako kay Mama na kalmadong nagbabalat ng mansanas sa tabi ko. A few times, I heard her cries. It was painful to hear. Even in my mind, I cannot imagine her crying. She was the strongest person I know... but because of me...

I cannot even tell her up until now that even if I'm unconscious all the time, I heard her... and I am very sorry.

I know I'm certainly lucky for escaping death for another time. However, that doesn't also mean that I enjoy winning against it. Recovering requires a big amount of time and effort invested, not to mention the difficulty and pain. But mainly... I would never want to cause burden and pain to my family, especially to Mama and Papa.

"Then, why did you tell me this?"

"Because I know you, Rion," Mama answered without looking at me.

I gaze at Papa who's silently sitting on the couch while reading on the broadsheet he brought with him. I'm sure that he knows what Mama is talking about. But still, even if I'll try asking him, he won't say anything to me. His loyalty to Mama is unmatched even up until now.

"What?"

"You'll do any way possible so you could have the answers you want to have. That's why, even before you do it, I'm giving it to you now."

"But that's not what I wanted to hear! What's the point of telling me that she talked to you if I can't know anything aside from that?"

I knew that they are all hiding something from me. There were lapses in the information they are giving me. It was confusing me a lot that up until now, I don't know what shall I feel.

"I don't wanna help you out because I wanted you to learn. But you suffered big enough. I cannot allow more things to hurt you..." she said in a low tone. It almost made me froze at the way she sounded. Pati si Papa ay napansin kong natigil at napatingin saamin.

Mama sounds defeated. It was so different that it made me feel heavy. I don't wanna see her like this. I felt like I've been really foolish for making her feel that way.