27°

"Why does Yusuf seem so excited about Larai's graduation? Do you think he likes her?" Yumnah whispered to Yusrah, who was seated beside her on the couch, in the living room.

"How would I know?" Yusrah shrugged.

From where Yusuf stood, he could hear their conversation. His lips curved into a smile and he advanced towards them. "Did I just hear my name?"

"No."

"Yes."

Yumnah and Yusrah responded in sync.

"No? Yes? Which response should I take?"

Yumnah scratched her forehead and looked away.

"Yumnah thinks you're overexcited about Larai's graduation. She is wondering if you like her." Yusrah blurted.

Yusuf gave a knowing smile. "I do. I like her, don't we all?"

"She's not talking about that kind of like. She is talking about the other type of like."  Yusrah clarified.

"Oh!" Yusuf placed a hand on his cheek. "Other type of like? I didn't know there are two types of like."
Yusuf suppressed the urge to chuckle. The fact that the twins hadn't figured out his feelings for Larai was quite surprising to him. Perhaps he did a great job in hiding it or they just didn't expect he would fall in love with her.

"Don't pretend to be oblivious. I know you know what I mean, but anyway, you don't have to answer because I already know what the answer is." Said Yumnah.

Yusuf's eyes broadened in surprise. She did?

"Yusuf doesn't like Larai in that way and he never will. She's not his type." Yumnah finished.

"Yeah." Yusrah's response was nonchalant.

Yusuf just smiled and looked away. What exactly did Yumnah know about the type of women he liked? The way she uprightly denied he liked her was rather disturbing to Yusuf. He hoped she would be able to accept Larai as his wife when the time is right.

"Has anyone spoken to Larai already? When did she say the ceremony will begin?" Yumnah's questions were directed to no one in particular.

Yusuf opened his mouth to tell her he already had—a long time ago, but he decided to keep it to himself because he didn't want them to jump to another conclusion. He wanted it to be a surprise for everyone when he would break the news to them. He had patiently waited for 12:00 am prompt to wish her happy graduation.

Yusuf could no longer wait to see her. He imagines her donned in the silver-colored dress he had brought specially for the occasion and her graduation gown draped over it.

Exquisite!

"Yusuf!" Yumnah hollered, waving a hand over his face.

Yusuf snapped out of his reverie; the smile still glued to his face. He had not realized he was daydreaming until Yumnah decided to make it known to him.

"Why were you smiling so sheepishly? Tell me, who were you thinking about? It's Raihana, isn't it? Are you two getting back toge— ouch!"
Yumnah squeaked and turned to her twin. "Why did you pinch me?"

The mention of his ex drastically changed his countenance. He was over her—true, but he didn't like it when her name is mentioned in his presence, because the name alone had a way of bringing back old memories he wanted to do away with. It had been a long time since his breakup with her. He had forgiven her and since he had, he ought to have forgotten the betrayal as well, but he just couldn't. He hadn't had closure with her. Perhaps, it was what was needed. "I will wait for you two in the car."