16°

Yusuf strode into his room and plopped down in the middle of his bed; his hands folded underneath his head.

His mind sojourned to Larai's face at the dining room. Despite how hard he tried, he could not bring himself to look away from her. She was like a magnet, constantly attracting him to her. The way her eyes shimmered, as she conversed with Yusrah was pure gold-exquisite.

His smile broadened at the thought of being married to her someday. So far, he knew his family already had a soft spot for her and with more time, when they get to know her better, he believed they would love, just the way he did.

When you feel all alone in this world...

And there's nobody to count your tears,

Just remember no matter where you are,

Allah knows...

Allah knows...

No matter what's inside or out,

There's one thing of which there is no doubt,

Allah kno-

Yusuf picked up his cellphone from the nightstand before the incoming call would end.

His brows furrowed at the sight of the caller. ID. "Adam, what do you want?" Yusuf didn't bother to conceal the irritation in his voice. Of all times, his buddy chose to ruin the moment he was having with his thoughts.

"Hey, man! Chill, will ya? What's got you so riled up?"

"It's nothing. Tell me, why are you calling at this ungodly hour?" Yusuf mentally hit himself on the head for spurting the first thing that came to his mind. What was he thinking? It was morning already.

"Ungodly hour? Huh? Hey, Yusuf, are you sure you're not down with malaria?"

"Abeg, just go straight to the point. What's up?"

"I'm going to ignore this for now, because I have good news. You're going to be so happy when you hear it."

"Really?" He feigned enthusiasm. "What's this good news you have for me?"

"You know my client's case I have been battling with for the past four months? The one about domestic abuse and divorce?"

"Yes. You won?" Yusuf's asked, enthusiastically.

"Yes, I did. I did!"

"Wow! I'm so happy for you. Once again Barr. Adam has won another case. It's no surprise. I actually expected this. Congratulations, buddy."

"Say that again." His chuckle reverberated through the phone.
"Thanks, buddy. It hasn't been easy oh. Not at all. I suffer ehn. Thank God it's all over. I can finally get the case off my chest and sleep peacefully."

"True that. Because of that particular case, we haven't had the chance to hang out for over two months. Once again, congratulations. I'm happy for you and your client as well. How you wan wash am for us na?"

"I'm coming over to your house later. I just need to get some work done here at the office. Expect me in about..." He paused for a while, probably to take a glance at his watch. "Five hours."

"Alright, bud. Later."

Yusuf tossed the phone aside and smiled. His friend had worked hard in ensuring he emerged victorious in the court case. He was glad his hardworking finally paid off.
Adam was a childhood friend of Yusuf's. They grew up together and did everything together. Due to how close and inseparable they were, they chose to attend the same university. While Adam studied law, he went for business administration instead, because he knew he wouldn't succeed if he decided to follow the same path. Argument was not something he enjoyed doing-it had never been his forte. In fact, he disliked arguments and always tried to stay away from stuff that may trigger it.