chapter 9

Marco and I sat in the back of the class, now doing the assignment after the teacher finished explaining. I couldn't help but think about what Connie said about being careful with Jean. I know Marco was close with him, I think? I guess I could just ask. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt.

"Hey, Marco..?" He glances at me as I say his name. "Hm?" "How close were you and Jean?" I ask. He inhales. "Well... I guess you could say we were best friends, we've known each other since we were kids. But as you know he changed and found a new group. Jean and I were close than anyone else in our group of friends, he was there for me when I needed him most and I was there for him when he needed me. So, it surprised me when he threw that all away..." He held a frown on his face, I frowned with him, my heart aching for him. He's still very hurt by it, I rested my hand on his shoulder. "I'm sorry, Marco... I had no idea you were that close." He sighs. "It's okay..."

"I'm sorry, I'll stop asking about him..." I said. "No, no. Ask me anything, it will benefit you, so you should know what you need too" He added. "Well, I haven't been here very long but is his reputation really that bad?" I asked. "Yeah, I'm surprised you haven't heard?" He raises a brow. "No, I have heard stuff, it's just I don't know what's true or not." "Ah, I see. Well, I don't know what you've heard but he does sleep around, he flirts with a lot of girls, he gets around, to say the least.."

Oh. Now it makes more sense why Connie told me to be careful.

"Oh, I see... I've also heard he smokes weed a lot but that doesn't bother me," I said. "Yeah, that's not the worst he's done, he also gets in a lot of fights, he thrives on conflict. He's an angry person so he takes his frustration out on others" Marco added. My face dropped realising that yesterday he might've only stopped that guy because he wanted the conflict and that he might just be trying to get in my pants too. I knew that I did have to be careful. 

"Oh. Right," I nod. "But yesterday he was probably only trying to protect you so he can use it as a reason to get something out of you" Marco insisted, my eyes widened slightly. "You think he would take advantage of me like that?" "It wouldn't surprise me... He's done it before"

After that I became quiet, processing what I had just been told.

"You look nice today," He said softly with his usual freckled smile. "I think I look homeless but thank you..." I laugh a little. "It's cute either way.." He laughs back.

We continue talking about whatever but this time I wasn't so into the conversation mostly because I just didn't feel too great. I's has only been a few days and my mind is already spinning.

I think Marco could tell I was feeling off, as before we left the classroom he told me if I needed anything to text him.

I now had a free period, I wanted to spend some time to myself or maybe with Sasha but I wasn't sure if she had a class now or not. As I walked down the hallway I pulled out my phone and I texted her:

To Sasha <3:
Hey, I just got out of class. Are you free to go to the library now?

From Sasha <3:
Yeah! Give me 10 minutes, I'm going to the cafe quick!! :))

To Sasha <3
Alright, I'll see you then!

Typical Sasha. That girl makes me laugh. I walked towards the library still very much lost in my thoughts. All of a sudden I collided with someone before I could fall back I was caught by them grabbing my arms. I didn't want to look straight in the person's eyes, my cheeks felt hot and it was always embarrassing bumping into someone like this.

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going, I didn't mean to bump into you" I kept my eyes glued to the ground. "Hey, it's okay, Don't worry about it." A voice said. It was so familiar, I looked up and met eyes with...him. The very man that had been on my mind all day. Jean Kirstein. My cheeks heated up even more than they were before, my heart started racing, the way he held me made me feel tingles in my arms. I don't know why I felt so nervous. He just has an effect on me that I just can't explain.

I swallow. "I'm sorry-" I said a nervous mess.

What is wrong with me? Why am I so nervous?

He chuckles a bit. "Seriously, it's fine. It's okay." He pulls me up and rubs my arms with his thumbs, which just sends more tingles through my body. "Right, yeah. Well, I'll see you later" I say as I pull away from him now hugging myself. "Well, are you okay? I was hoping to find you and check up on you" He asks. I look back down at my feet, Marco and I's conversation lingering in my mind. "I'm fine...You don't have to act as your care." I bluntly replied.

His brow raises. "What do you mean? I do care? look I know we barely know each other but-" I quickly cut him off. "Marco told me some stuff and on top of that, I overhear a lot of people's conversations about you. I don't want to be used like I'm worth nothing so please just leave me alone" I walk off heading to the library.

Jean's POV
I watch y/n walk off, I sigh. Annoyed how Marco ran his mouth to her and chatted his shit. I get maybe I deserved it but I wanted a chance to finally prove to someone I'm not all that 'bad' as everyone makes me out to be. Y/N was my first chance, my first clean slate with someone. Maybe I should just tell Marco that? Maybe I should try and fix the past? I don't know why I wanted to do this all of a sudden. There is just something about Y/N. There is just something about her that makes me want to change something.

Y/N's POV
I walk into the Library and I sit down on one of the couches. I pull out the book I'm currently reading from my bag, I started reading as I waited for Sasha. I felt bad pushing Jean away but I don't want to get myself hurt. I've been hurt before.

Sasha walks into the Library and comes over to me. She plops down on the couch next to me. "Hey" She shouts whispers. I look up from my book and I say a 'hi' back.

We talked about how our days were going so far and I needed to get what happened with Jean off my chest so I spoke up. "I bumped into Jean before I came here"

"Oh really? What happened?" She asked. "Well, I embarrassed myself by bumping into him and he said it was fine..." "okay? so what's the issue?" She questions. "It's just..." I sigh. "Marco told me he might've just helped me to take advantage of me..." I frown, Sasha raises a brow. "I've known Jean since I was 12 and yes, he may have changed but I don't think he would ever do that especially in the situation you were in." I perk my head up looking at her. "Really?" I question. "Yeah, really" She softly smiles and she then inhales. "I don't know why Marco would say that?" She pauses. "Unless... Marco likes you and doesn't want you looking for anyone else?" I laugh lightly at that. "No. I doubt that" "I wouldn't be so sure" She added.

Maybe Sasha is right? I never thought Marco would be the type to make shit up but I guess I don't know him completely. I guess we'll see what will happen.

Hii!!! I hope you're enjoying this so far! Tysm for nearly 100 reads! And no Marco won't be the bad guy, he just made a little mistake! But yes stay tuned:) A new chapter should be out in a few days