Chapter 24

"Oh coz I'm not waiting three weeks again Phi."

"How about 24 hours?" Mew held his waist watching Gulf intently.

"So you have 15 hours left." Gulf replied after counting his fingers. Mew looked at him confused so he explained. He noticed Gulf had gotten the cast removed but he didn't comment on it.

"It's been approximately 9 hours since our agreement."

"Ok so can I think alone for these remaining 15 hours?"

"Yes you can. I'll not come in your room."

"How about you go home?" Mew suggested.

"It's late." Gulf excused.

"You can call p'Ben to pick you up." It was like they were reenacting the scene from a few days ago but this time with exchanged roles.

Gulf scratched his head. "I'm hungry."

"I don't have food." Mew dismissed.

"I'm tired."

"You didn't have much on your schedule today." Mew countered and Gulf just decided it was enough.

"I'm worried about you. Ok?"

"I'm feeling ok now." Mew was not having it.

"I missed you." Gulf tried another technique this time with a sad face.

"You just saw me." Mew debunked his technique.

Gulf outright confessed, "I want to stay. I want to stay with you."

"Nong, I've decided to be by myself."

"Call me clingy call me obsessed but I'm not letting you go Phi. Aren't you tired of taking turns getting mad? It was cute at first but now it's just ridiculous."

Mew sighed. This was not his plans at all. He hadn't even started thinking yet but Gulf was here.

"I'm getting some sleep. Do whatever."  He have up.

"Ok." Gulf didn't disputed that. As long as he was around was all that mattered. He took the thermometer and went after Mew before he could go in his room.

"What more do you want?" Mew asked exasperated.

"Your temperature." Gulf replied with a cheeky smile.

"I feel fine."

"I know. But I still want it." He took the temperature and smiled in satisfaction. "You can go." He dismissed Mew with a smile. "I'll just be patiently waiting for you to finish thinking. Not that it's going to change anything but please do take your time." He beckoned Mew to go in his room but Mew turned around to face him and Gulf scratched his chin with a question, "Do you think we can maybe decrease the final hours to maybe one or two?"

"Nong," Mew sighed.

"I can occupy myself until an hour so don't feel rushed." Gulf was really pushing it.

"Nong,"Mew called out wanting to explain something but Gulf pushed Mew in his bedroom and shut the door for him. His smile disappeared as he staggered to the couch and threw himself on it.

It was his turn to lower his pride. Mew had done the same. He wasn't sure who was supposed to be mad this time but he didn't want to think about it anymore. He really wanted it to work with Mew. The man was special and different.

It had really bothered him that Mew had been reluctant to come to him but Mew explained himself that he was scared too. He shook his head. It was all in the past. They were moving on now.