Chapter 16

A man who runs away from responsibilities is frowned upon by the society and Mew was not an exception.

The media went haywire painting him all sorts of negative and down grading terms. People as usual were influenced by the media that they devoured Mew online. His upcoming drama was criticized and the trailer on YouTube gained more dislikes with the fans expressing their disappointment in the comment section. It was a chaotic week.

Mild was just out of anger. He just couldn't do it anymore. Saturday morning they were again gathered in the meeting room this time speechless. Writer Nao didn't know what to say. The CEO was devastated. They hadn't paid for the penalty of the first scandal and now they were in another scandal.

"Firstly, I would like to apologize to you Writer Nao. When you have big stars like him, this stuff happens a lot. This time the scale is bigger and the accusations are more grave so we'll be using the legal team to solve this."

"Doesn't this mean you have to tell the truth about his condition?" The writer asked concerned.

"We have to find a way around it, otherwise we'll be caught in our own lie." The CEO turned and placed his phone towards Mew showing he is recording the conversation, "Let's clear this first, Did you have sex?"

It took Mew a while to answer. "She forced me to." He muttered lowly his confidence going as low as the last strand of hair on his body.

"Was it only once?" Mild sat up in his chair, talking for the first time after entering the room.

Mew didn't like being vulnerable but he knew there was no other way. He thought he had been stripped naked during their last meeting, but he was wrong.

His fingers trembled as he decided now was the time to let them know.

His eyes did not make any eye contact when he started, "It's been a year and a half since she found out about my condition and she wouldn't let it go. She forced me to have sex with her whenever she wanted and it didn't matter the condition I was in or she was in. She came to my house drugged and drunk out of her mind and she threatened to make a show if I didn't have sex with her."

"So she threatened you for sex?" It was unbelievable to the Writer.

Mild felt sorry watching Mew's head lowered as he admitted the bitter truth.

"Why didn't you tell me about that?"

"How could I?"

They realized then how deep this situation was. How serious this was.

"Why is she doing this now?" The CEO asked worried.

"I wonder too." Mild responded feeling like he hadn't been doing his job. He felt guilty that he didn't know all this. That Mew had tried to conceal this from them. 

"Because she doesn't own me anymore." Mew thought out loud.

"What's that supposed to mean?" The CEO asked.

"She walked in on me kissing Nong Gulf, something I've never done on the set before. That's why she is doing this."

"But how did she know you were there?" Writer Nao asked. 

"Beats me." Mew replied with a fake smile.

"Do you think they joined hands with Oak to take you down? Because the sequence of events is surely suspicious."

"I don't know and honestly I don't care. I just want this to be over." They could see he was affected by this.

The CEO took his phone back, "I have everything recorded, I'll forward it to the lawyers so they can take care of it. How about finishing shooting?"

"Reporters won't let him be. I say we clear this matter up first otherwise he won't be able to move freely. We almost didn't make it because they were crowding his house. Going back in is going to be hard."

The CEO took his wallet out and took out a kew card. "That's my villa. I'll text you the location. Go rest for a week as we take care of this. The lawyers will summon you so you can only come out then."

Writer Nao added, "I'll give you a week to rest so we can solve this." They had scenes where they needed to go in the public so it wasn't ideal to keep on shooting whilst the public was enraged. 

Monday morning, it became news that Mew's legal representatives had requested for another DNA test with everyone present and using a different DNA testing center since the first one was done without his knowledge and they wanted transparency. It made sense to the fans but still it didn't do anything.

Tuesday morning, Mew's company did a press conference as per the lawyers advice. They told the reporters that Mew was not the father of the baby and Bee herself had admitted it to Mew. They pointed out things many had ignored. They brought to everyone's attention the first voice clip that was released of Mew and Bee on the news. They pointed out on the tone which was being used and analysed the diction in the conversation.

Mew had been accusing Bee of forcing her to have sex with her in the morning. The people had only taken the confirmation that they had sex from the voice clip and forsaken the other truth in the audio.

It was hard for the public to accept that sexual harassment does not only apply to women but men could be victims too.

And a successful man like Mew who they saw smiling on the TV day in and day out could just not fit the criteria which only showed how rotten the society was.

This matter intrigued feminist movements, domestic violence movements, equal rights movements and it became a topic of interest.
They discussed it on the radio, on TV and social media making reference to the currently ongoing famous case of Johnny Deep and Amber Heard.

Johnny Deep who is better known for his main lead role in Pirates of the Caribbean was in a toxic relationship with Amber and it is reported that he was abused in the relationship.

Another case was that they made reference to was the Seo Ye-ji (female lead in Kdrama It's ok to not be ok) and Kim Jung-hyun case (male lead in Mr Queen) . A case where the girlfriend was controlling and manipulative. A case that was so relatable to Mew.

With all these cases brought up, it was made clear that sexual harassment/ abuse could happen to anyone.

Anyone.

Whether you are a male or female, whether you're rich or not, it didn't excuse the fact that there males and females in the society who hold power over others and use it as they see fit.