28

I slowly begin to regain consciousness but groan at the way I'm currently feeling. It feels like I got hit by a tractor. I felt extremely sore. I try to open my eyes but the light shining at me is to bright. I weakly move my hand to cover my eyes. As I slowly open my eyes I see an IV coming out of my hand.

"What the hell?" I whisper.

I look around and immediately knew I was in the hospital. I try to lay up but instantly feel pain.

"Ow!" I hissed.

A throbbing pain shots through my lower side. I lift up the blanket and see that I'm patched up.

"You're finally awake."

I look up and see Dr. Strange walk into the room. He looks different in his doctor uniform.

"What happened?" I groan.

"You got shot during a mission," he explains.

"How long have I been asleep?"

"3 days," Dr. Strange says.

"What!?"

"I know it's a lot but your body needed it."

"Can I have some water?" I say as I feel my throat extremely dry.

"Sure."

Dr. Strange brings a straw up to my lips and I gladly accept his help. My lips, mouth and throat gladly enjoys the sensation of the water.

"Where is everyone?" My voice coming out raspy.

"At the compound," he answers.

"Can I call them?"

"Yeah but after I check you out."

"Okay."

After Dr. Strange looked me over and saw that I was okay, he had instructed the nurse to notify Tony that I was awake.

"Before they get here: are you feeling any pain?"

"Just sore."

"Dizziness? Fatigue?"

"No."

"Fever? Chills?"

"No."

"Okay. Just let me change your patch and gauzes."

I nod my head and another nurse brings in a tray and sets it on a little silver cart. He lifts up my blanket and moves the hospital robe to the side. He quickly places a towel over any exposed area and begins to remove the bandages.

"Wow."

"What is it?"

"Your wound it's healing pretty fast."

"Really?"

"Yeah it looks like I can maybe remove your stitches already."

"When will I be able to go home?"

"In a couple days. I want the nurses to observe you just to make sure you're okay. You'll feel really sore for a while so I'll make sure they give you something for the pain."

"Thank you again." I smile at him.

"Rose?"

"Hmmm?"

"Do you remember anything that happened that night?"

"No. I just-," I begin to say.

I then remember who I had seen.

"Just the mission and looking for Bucky. He had disappeared for a while and we just assumed something had happened to him. Then I just remember hearing the shot and I look down to see blood...then yeah," I say.