30

"Thanks for having us over," Scott smiles at me.

"No problem at all. I'm glad you guys were able to come and visit," I smile over at him.

"I'm glad that I was finally able to meet you Rose. I'm really sorry that I wasn't able to meet you when you were staying with Scott," Hope says.

"Don't worry about. I understand that you had other important things to handle with your parents," I smile at her.

"Let me help you with the dishes," Hope stands up and grabs the plate.

"Nonsense, I'll just place them in the dishwasher," I assured her as I grab the plates from her hand.

I quickly place them in the dishwasher and turn it on.

"Lets head out back and we can just relax out," I smile.

I grab a couple drinks and head out back. I place a drink in front of Scott and a glass of wine for Hope in front of her. Cassie on the other hand stays inside watching television with her friend she brought.

"How have you guys been?" I ask.

"Good. We've settled in nicely," Scott says.

"You guys finally decided to move in together?" I ask.

"Yes, just a little over a month ago," Hope smiles.

"I'm glad. I'm happy for you both. Did you guys move in Scott's place or?"

"We found a house close by to where Cassie's mom lives. So we can be close to them," Hope smiles.

"I'm really happy. I'll be sure to get you a warm housing present," I smile.

"You should come and visit us soon," Scott smiles.

"Yeah I'd like that."

As I take a drink I notice Hope gives him a look. Scott nods his head at her and he becomes a little nervous.

"I'll be right back. I'm going to use your restroom," Hope says.

She stands up and heads inside, leaving Scott and I alone. We stay in a comfortable silence but Scott looks at me every so often. I take another drink and let out a sigh.

"What is it?" I ask.

"I don't know what you-"

"Scott, I know you well enough by now. You need to tell me something and you're nervous to tell me," I say.

I look at him and see that he's nervous to tell me. Do I give off some scary vibe or something? He always seems to be nervous when he needs to tell me something.

"Just tell me," I smile at him.

"Tony came by before we came out here. He thought that you were still with me but I had told him that you had left after a month. I didn't tell him where you were because in all honesty I didn't until we came out here."

"Is he okay?" I ask.

"Yes apart from being worried about you. He had dropped off something for you; I told him I would try my best to deliver it to you," Scott says.

And as if on cue, Hope walks out with something in her hand, handing it over to Scott. I notice that it's a white closed off envelope. He looks at it before he hands it over to me. I gently take it from him and look at it. It's addressed to me:

Rose Stark

I turn it over and carefully open it, making sure I don't tear anything inside. Once I do, I take out the paper inside. I read through it and can't help but smile.