36

"Alright I give!" I shout as I shove Sam off of me.

"Well that's a first," Sam chuckles.

"Yeah, whatever. Don't get too used to it," I mumble as I sit up from the mat.

I feel him staring at me but I try to not let it show that it was bothering me, as I close my eyes. My mind couldn't stop going back to last night's conversation with Steve, Nat and Bucky. How can they even think about letting him come with me?

It was just to dangerous for him. I know I was a part of Hydra but the whole Hydra operation knew about the Winter Soldier program. They knew who Bucky is and would do do anything to have their soldier back.

"You okay?" Sam says as he brings me out of my thoughts.

I let out a deep breath that I didn't know I was holding in. "I really don't think it's a good idea for Bucky to go with us to meet with Cain."

"Why?"

"Because Sam. I just don't," I say.

I can still feel his eyes on me.

"I know he's not the winter soldier anymore. I know all that stuff in his mind is gone. But..."

"You can't help but think they'll still be able to put it back?" Sam finished my thought.

I just can't help but nod my head. "He acts like he's all tough and brave but he's a big softie," I say.

"The biggest softie, especially around you," he smiles.

"That doesn't help my nerves," I chuckle.

"Look Bucky is capable of doing this. He wouldn't have agreed if he didn't think he'd be able to handle this. And he definitely wouldn't have agreed putting you in harms way," Sam says.

I can feel my cheeks heat up and I look down at my hands. I clear my throat, "Well we are teammates."

"Teammates...yeah whatever helps you sleep at night Rose. Well I'm going to hit the shower and call it night. You did get some good punches and kicks in," he says as he gets up.

"Don't forget slamming you in a wall," I smile.

"You cheated, you used your powers," Sam scoffs.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night," I mock him.

Sam lets out a laugh and he extends out his hand for me to take. I smile at him, "I think I'm going to stay down here for a while."

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah."

Sam leaves me to my thoughts down in the training room. I close my eyes and focus on my breathing as I try to focus on my powers. I start to feel as light as a feather and I feel myself rise from the ground. I slowly open my eyes and see myself levitating off the floor.

Nat and Steve have been gone the whole day. I couldn't help but wonder where they've gone. Now to think of it I hadn't seen Bucky either and that's not really normal. He always tries to find opportunities to talk to me. Especially when he knows Nat isn't around.

I'm brought out my thoughts when my phone rings. Nat's name flashing on my screen with her picture.
"Think about her and she'll appear," I laugh to myself.

"She's alive! Took you that long to miss me?" I laugh.

"You know I always do," she chuckles.

"Where are you?"

"Steve and I are heading back to the compound from DC. Are you busy?" She asks.

"You guys went again? Why yes I am busy at 8 o'clock at night," I say sarcastically.