29

It's been 4 weeks since I've been out here in San Francisco with Scott and Cassie. He has been trying so hard to keep me occupied by taking me to different locations out here. I am extremely grateful for what he has been doing.

"So Cassie is going over to her mom's for the night. You know what that means?" He wiggles his eyes brows.

"Nooo," I say confusedly.

"That's means we are going out tonight," he looks at me with a weird look.

I know that look and he knows that I know that look because he refuses to look at me. I look at him suspiciously, he's up to something and I don't know exactly what.

"Scoooott what are we doing tonight?" I eye him suspiciously.

"Oh you know going out for some drinks," he says as he tries to avoid eye contact.

"Scott, you're doing that thing," I stare him down.

"What thing?"

"That thing, where you refuse to look me in the eyes when you're trying to hide something."

"No I'm not-No! I do not have a thing!" Scott says defensively.

I can't help but let out a laugh, "C'mon Scott. You know I don't like being surprised."

"Rose, do you trust me?" He says.

I look at him, thinking about whether I really trust him or not. Of course I do but I mean I'm only thinking about it to make him upset.

"Seriously Rose? Are you seriously thinking about it?" Scott scoffs at me offended.

But I cant help but let out a small chuckle.

"I'm kidding Scott. Of course, I trust you," I smirk.

"Then trust me on this. I'm almost 100% sure you'll like tonight's events," he says confidently.

"Now you're making me rethink this whole thing," I groan.

"What? Why?!"

"Because you just said I almost might like this," I say putting air quotes around the word 'almost'.

"Oh come on! Go get ready. Dress code is casual," he says.

I just playfully shake my head at Scott and head to the room that I've been staying in. I grab my things that I will need to shower and go inside the restroom.

After taking my shower and getting ready for tonight I head downstairs to wait for Scott. I take out my phone deciding if I should even turn it on. I've had it off since I've left the compound.

I reluctantly turn my phone on and wait for it too power on and when it does, my notifications is flooded with dozens of text messages, missed calls and voicemails.

I scroll down them all of them and notice majority of them are from Natasha, Tony, and Sam. I read through some of the messages from Natasha and she's telling me to call her back, that she's worried, asking if I'm okay, and that she feels alone now that both Wanda and I are gone. I guess Wanda left again and hasn't been in contact with anyone.