41

After we arrived from Wakanda, Bucky had to carry me to my room. I had slept through the entire flight home and night. Bucky had been with Steve and Bruce over the last few days, preparing him for the mission.

I tried my best to convince Bucky on skipping this specific mission but he wouldn't listen to me. We got into an huge argument about it. Resulting in us not speaking to one another for 2 days.

He hadn't come to sleep with me last night and I hadn't gone to him either. Why couldn't he see that I'm trying to protect him?

We have both avoiding each other. He'd either be out with the guys. Where I have been going over to Strange and Wong's place to practice. I've been feeling a bit off since we've came back from Wakanda.

I don't know what it is but I've had this tense feeling. I thought practicing my powers would at least ease my mind but it didn't. I just feel on edge.

A light knock at my door had brought me out of my thoughts. Was that him? I can already feel my heart pound violently against my chest.

"Come in," I say too lowly.

The door slowly opens and Steve's head pops in. My heart quickly normalizes, a bit disappointed that it isn't him.

"You free to talk?" He smiles.

"Sure."

"Let's go for a walk," he says.

I get up from my desk and head outside with Steve. We walk around the compound in silence. A comfortable silence. Things were a little awkward after Steve came back but everything seemed to smoothed over after he realized that Bucky and I were serious.

"How have you been?" Steve asks.

"As good as I can be," I say.

Steve lets out a small amused chuckle.

"I've known Bucky my whole life...and I don't think I've ever seen him so lost and upset at himself like he is now," Steve says.

"What do you mean?"

"Bucky doesn't really like to talk about how he feels but it's a different thing when it comes to his facial expressions...especially when it comes to you....When you're not on speaking terms with him, he looks lost," Steve says.

I felt my heart twist in pain. We come across the hole on the field Bucky made. I remember this day like it was yesterday, finding out that Bucky agreed to bring Steve back. He had chased after me when I left the compound. When I refused to speak with him and left, I looked down to see him punching the ground.

It stayed that way since then. I just continued to stare at it. God I miss that man. I...I just want him to be safe.

"I know he wants to go to protect me...but I don't need to be protected. I'm just trying to protect him. I know all the Hydra stuff is out of his mind but I just can't help it but I have this feeling Steve," I say.

"What do you mean?"

"I can't explain it Steve but I just need him to be safe. And I know he'll be safe if he's not there," I say.

As if on que, I feel my body tense. The hair on the back of my neck stand up. Goosebumps breakout through out my arms. My whole body. This time it felt different now it felt like something was watching me.

I start to look around. We were in the middle of the field. The compound a couple miles away from us and then trees.

"And we both know that's not going to happen. Aside from you, he's the most stubbornness person I've know," Steve says, grabbing my attention.