53

*Non-Edited*

Rose landed onto the ground harshly. She felt so very tired. She didn't know how long she had been traveling but she needed to rest. She snapped out of the daze a while back.

Using her powers completely drained her. She never had used her power this long before. She lays on the grass the sun was now setting. Rose closes her eyes for a couple seconds.

Seconds turned to minutes. Which eventually turned into hours.

"Rose?"

Her eyes snap open and the sound of her name. She looked around her and found herself alone. She has been shivering as it had become chilly.

"Hello?"

"It's Max. Are you okay?"

"Max? Where are you?"

"I'm at the base. You still have the ear piece on. Are you hurt?"

"No I'm fine. I don't remember anything. What happened?"

"There's no time to explain but Brock. He's on his way to pick you up. You're not far from the base."

"How does he know where I am?"

"The collar. It has a tracker."

Rose hands shoots up to her neck and remembers the collar she they put on her. She hated it. She tried to tug it off but it zapped her, making her instantly let go.

"You'll be fine. He should be there any second."

Then Rose remembers the words from earlier. They wanted her to kill Bucky and she feels her badly tremble in anger.

"Did you know?"

"Know what?"

"Their plan about Bucky!" She shouts.

"What are you talking about?"

"They wanted me to kill him!" Rose shouts angrily.

Silence. Max couldn't believe the words he just heard. He was completely stunned.

"Max!"

"No," he quickly answers.

"Don't bullshit me!"

"I swear on my family. I didn't know," he states firmly.

Two SUVs pull up in front of Rose. The headlights bright. She quickly lifts her arm up to block some of the brightness.

"He's here."

With that Rose cuts off the conversation. Max looks down at his feet. He couldn't believe that Ramon would instruct her to do that. It didn't sound like him. He knew how much of an asset, it was to have Bucky alive.

He makes his way towards his office. Needing to know the answer. He doesn't bother knocking, he just barges in. Max watches his brother sitting at his desk, looking at his computer. His gaze unglues from the screen and looks over at Max.

A sincere smile makes it's way onto his face. Ramon respected Max. Not only because he was married to his little sister but because they grew up together. That is his best friend.

"Maxie! What can I do for you?" Ramon stands.

"Is it true?" Max says disappointedly.

Ramon looks at his brother-in-law confused. Unsure on what he was referring too. He looks at him and sees that he really is upset about whatever he's referring too.

"Max, what's going on? I have no idea what you're talking about?"

Max was angry, did his best friend really take him for a fool?