7

"We need to talk," I say as I look at him.

Bucky turns to look at me, "I didn't mean to wake you up."

Bucky gets up and goes for the door. I get furious. Does he all of a sudden hate me that he doesn't want to talk to me anymore? Didn't he say earlier that we should talk?

I use my powers to place weight against the door to prevent him from leaving.

"Bucky, I said we need to talk!" I shouted.

Bucky tries opening it but realizes I'm not letting him out. He sighs and takes a seat on the other side of the couch. I hesitantly sit down just staring at him.

"Bucky, what is going on with you?" I say.

"Nothing," he says without looking at me.

"Bullshit Bucky! You've been ignoring me for the last two weeks!"

"Rose.."

"No Bucky! I thought we were good enough friends
to talk through our issues."

"Rose, please..." Bucky begged.

"Are you suddenly that appalled for kissing me?! Do you regret it? Look, I was willing to forget about it!," I say with tears in my eyes.

God, how can I be so stupid? My anger quickly turns to hurt. Was he really that appalled for kissing me?

I didn't want to lose him. Not even as a friend. I just wanted him back in my life.

I looked over at Bucky. He refused to look at me and sat there in silence. I get up and kneel in front of him. Giving him no option but to look at me.

"Bucky, please talk to me. I don't want to lose my best friend," I whisper and a tear escapes my eyes.

I look into his eyes and god they're beautiful. I can get lost in them forever. He's such a beautiful man. He makes me feel like I'm at home. Something I haven't felt in years.

Why am I suddenly feeling this? Why is my heart rate picking up? Then something clicked. I began to panic, this couldn't happen. No, it just can't. It all made sense. Everything I felt before up until now.

A part of me didn't want to know if he regretted the kiss because I know it would crush me.

I looked away and quickly stood up, I was scared. No, terrified. Oh my god. It all was clear to me. It hit me like a ton of bricks. How did I not realize this sooner?

I was in denial for the last months about what I felt. I do have feelings for Bucky. Meeting him for the first time at Wakanda, I couldn't help but feel a small connection with him.

Bucky notices my sudden reaction.

"Rose, I'm sorry," Bucky says. I don't respond as I still try to wrap my head around this.

"I panicked. I-I got scared," Bucky says.

Bucky comes around and grabs me by my shoulders. Snapping me out of my thoughts as we stay in silence, staring at each other.

He looks tired and upset.

"I didn't meant to upset you, Rose. I don't know what I was thinking. I just-I," Bucky's hold so much emotion.

"I'm sorry. You're my best friend's ex-girlfriend," Bucky says.

Steve? Steve! How can I forget that this is Steve's best friend! No wonder he's been avoiding me, he feels guilty. A part of me was hoping that he felt the same and didn't know how to process them.

"Bucky...I-I" I stutter out.

"What is it Rose?" He looked at me with some kind of emotion. Trying to tell me something.