no;17

Angel's pov;

As Head Alpha (father) said, all wolves, including me, was in the middle of a pack meeting right now. I should say, I'm pretty surprised at how formal this situation is.

It got me thinking that I should really take things serious from now on. Either's if it's bout the pack or werewolves in general. 

Everything went fine. That is until things changed when an elder Beta starts to speak. 

Elder 1:
"Speaking about the coronation, why did you, Alpha, chose your youngest son instead of Dejuane to be new Head Alpha?"
-He asked, looking towards Kobe's father.

Kobe, who was sitting beside me, turned his head slowly to meet the Beta, his face emotionless towards him. 

Elder 2:
"Right. I mean, isn't it against the will of the Moon Goddess. You should really follow the pedigree."

Both Kobe and Dejuane didn't really seemed bothered by the words, but I'm not sure what might be going on in Dejuane's head.

While for Kobe, since we can share feelings with each other, I do know that he doesn't feel any sort of emotion right now. 

Father:
"I understand what you're trying to say, but that law is not absolute."

Elder 3:
"I believe that Alpha has his own reasons."

Father:
"Thank you for understanding."

Elder 3:
"But, we can't see it with our own eyes. I mean, do you really think that he's better that Dejuane?"

Elder 1:
"I really think he's to young for this."

Elder 3:
"See? We need a wise leader. Kobe doesn't even seem stronger that Dejuane."

Elder 2:
"Definitely not!"

I gasped softly when I immediately felt the tension growing in me as Kobe's eyes changed. I looked down and found him forming a fist on his thigh.

I slowly put my palm over his fist and looked at him, wanting him to calm down badly. Although he did not respond nor look down at me, I can fell his fist loosen, making me inhale in relief.

Elder 3:
"I have to say.. I don't agree with your decision, Alpha."
-He said, crossing his arms.

Elder 1:
"Same for me. If someone has to be the new Head Alpha, it should be Dejuane!"

Father:
"It's not for you liking, it's for mine. And I will not change my mind nor my decision."

I flinched, grabbing onto Kobe's shirt as one of the Betas slammed their hands on the table. 

Elder 4:
"Stop being so stubborn, Alpha! How could you let that brat be our ne Head Alpha?!"

Kobe stood up from his chair, punching into the table, making it crack in between. Everyone in the meeting room went silent....

Elder 5:
"See? He clearly doesn't have any ethics!"

My breathing became uneasy as I worried at the fact that the Beta is sitting right in front of Kobe. 

Kobe stood up slowly as I followed his actions, he looked at the Betas with zero hesitation in his eyes. He clenched his jaw before leaving the room, and of course I followed him.

"Alpha wait," I grab his wrist from behind once we were far away from the meeting room.

He stopped walking and I walked to stand in front of him. I looked up at him in the eyes but he didn't look down at me. His pupils just can't stay still from being annoyed.