Chapter Twelve - Time to "Play Nice"

I manage to stay locked up in the bedroom for a couple of days without one of them coming in and messing with me. They did bring me food every now and then but of course I was still hostile towards them, especially Black. "I haven't taken a shower in a couple of days now" I thought as I sniffed myself. "It's not that bad but I don't want it to get worse."

Standing up from the bed, I walked over to the closet and browsed the clothes that were hanging in there. "Would it be wrong to wear these?" I thought as I found something that caught my eye. "Technically their mine but not really." I examined the pieces of clothing I was holding. "I don't have any other clothes here." I decided to take the executive decision to wear future me's clothes. They were the same sizes as the clothes I wear now as well. "Okay, what about underwear?" I thought as I walked out of the closet and over the dresser. I opened the dresser and sure enough, I found a bra and some panties.

"Wait a minute me" I put the pair of panties I had back in the dresser. "This feels wrong for some reason." The thought of wearing underwear, let only panties, that was probably worn by my future self felt weird. "But I can't just walk around without anything on." I looked further into the dresser and tried to find a pair that possibly had a price tag on it so it can give me some hope that they haven't been worn. "Found a pair." They weren't the cutest but I didn't care, I'm not wearing these for anyone else. "Now to head to the shower."

I walked over to the door and grabbed the doorknob. Unfortunately the bathroom was outside of this room so that meant I had no choice to come in contact with those two. Taking a deep breath, I opened the door and walked out. I spotted both Zamasu and Black outside on the balcony talking to one another. "Good." I quickly walked over to the bathroom and locked the door behind me. "I still don't know why I bother locking the doors in this place" I said to myself as I placed my clothes on the bathroom sink counter. "They literally can blast through the door if they wanted."

I walked over to the shower and began to run the water. As the water was heating up, I grabbed a nicely folded towel from the towel rack and put it somewhere I could reach once I got out of the shower. "The water should be a good temperature now." I stripped myself of my clothes and stepped into the shower. "Ah, this feels nice." I let the warm/hot water hit my body and relaxed.

"I can hear the shower running" Black said in the middle of the conversation him and Zamasu were saying.

"I can hear it as well." The two of them listened for the sound to be shut off but it continued. "I'll go make us some tea." Zamasu walked back inside and started making tea while Black still lingered outside. He was thinking how I would react if he just walked in on me while showering. The idea sounded promising but he didn't want me to continue to lock myself up in the bedroom. If I kept doing that how would him and Zamasu be able to figure out the strange feelings they've been developing. Then again they could easily get me to explain and comply to them, it wouldn't take long especially if they used force.

"She'll come around" Black said to himself as he walked back inside.

The shower water was turned off and I was drying myself off. I spent a good while thinking about what I wanted to do. I thought about just locking myself away like I just did recently but realize I didn't like that idea. I was already bored here in the first place and I definitely didn't want to bore myself more by staying in a single room all the time. I then thought about going back to visit Mai but thought that was a bad idea since I basically told her that I didn't care about the well being of the survivors, so that would be awkward. I still believe in what I told her about not wanting to risk my life for strangers but in a weird way I still am since I'm choosing to live with Black and Zamasu for the time being.

My final thought/option was to "play nice" with the two of them. With this option it'll bring some sort of entertainment for me and maybe I can figure out their deal with hating mortals. "This might be difficult" I thought as put on all my clothes. I looked around to see where I could put my dirty clothes and was surprise to see a laundry hamper in the corner. "I guess future me put this here because I feel like Black and Zamasu don't take showers." I don't know why I thought about that but it just seemed like it to me since they're always in the same clothes.

"That might be the first thing I talk to them about" I thought as I put my clothes in the hamper and walked over to the door. I unlocked it and walked out only to be greeted by the smell of tea that Zamasu likes to make.

"You took a while in there" Black started as I walked over and joined them at the table. The two were slightly surprised. They thought I would just go back to the bedroom. "I thought I might have to come in there and check to see if you were okay." Black had a smirk on his face like usual.

"And if you did, I would have threw the bottle of body wash at you" I replied and took a sip from the cup of tea in front of me. Black chuckled.

"So what made you join us for tea today?" Zamasu asked, sipping his tea as well.

"Nothing in particular." I took another sip. The two stared at me. "Oh yeah." I sat my cup down. "I've been meaning to ask this for awhile now since I've been here, but do you guys take showers?"