Chapter Ten - A Kiss?!

Some more time had passed and I finally found a suitable building for me to stay in. From what I could tell it was a hotel. "He really did follow me everywhere I went" I thought as I walked into my fifth hotel room to see if there was a bed. "Found one." I walked over to it and sat down. I then let out a deep sigh and threw myself backwards onto the bed. "Not going to lie, the bed at the cabin is softer than this."

"Another reason why you should come back with me." Black walked into the room and looked over at me on the bed.

"Yeah, keep dreaming" I rolled over on my side and faced the headboard. I didn't want to look at Black. "I can't fall asleep here either" I thought as I tried to think of something that would keep me awake.

"So (Y/n), is this the place you choose to reside for now?" Black asked but got no answer. He walked over to the bed to check on me and saw I had fallen asleep. He laughed to himself. "How could someone who was so adamant on getting rid of me fall asleep so carelessly?" Black asked. "You truly are just like you're future self."

Black spotted the book I read earlier and picked it up from the bed. He opened and scanned through the pages. "This reminds me of a book our (Y/n) was interested in back when she was with us." Black flipped another page. "And this was something that my counterpart and I saw no meaning in but she did."

*Flashback(future timeline)*

(Y/n) let out a sigh as she read the same book she has read for the tenth time already. It's not like she was bored of the book, in fact she really enjoyed the book. The only part that would make her let out a deep exasperated sigh was the part about the characters falling in love and getting married. Marriage wasn't really the most important thing on her mind at the moment but it was still something she wished was able to do. But due to her current circumstances, she wouldn't be able to. And on top of that, there wasn't really anyone in particular she would marry right now.

She let out another sigh and this time it caught the attention of the two men that were in the room with her. Well they heard her first sigh but thought nothing of it at first because it was something she would do while reading her book.

"What is the matter (Y/n)?" Zamasu asked.

"It's nothing" the woman lied.

"You do realize we know when you are lying to us, correct?" Black said as he made his way over to her.

"Yeah, I know." She let out another sigh and got ready to place her book back down on the table until Black took it away from her. He looked over the page where her thumb had been used as a bookmark. "I don't see anything wrong with this page (Y/n)." Zamasu joined them and took the book away from his counterpart. He looked over the page as well and agreed.

"Of course you two wouldn't understand." She took the book back from the two men and sat it down on the table.

"Care to explain to us then?" Zamasu and Black both stared down at her.

She was at a lost for words since this was a topic that she slightly knew of but wouldn't know how to explain it to people who show no sort of emotion besides joy when killing mortals. "Well it's about marriage."

"The ceremony where mortals become one?" Zamasu questioned.

"Become one?" (Y/n)'s mind automatically thought of something else and her face heated up pretty quickly.

"Are you alright (Y/n)?" Black asked.

She nodded her head yes and try to compose herself. There was no way she was going to be able to explain more intimate conversations with the two of them at the moment. It would make things even more complicated for her. "Anyways, you would be somewhat correct about mortals becoming one. They basically unite with each other saying that they will be with that person for the rest of their lives."