Chapter Eight - The resistance(sorta) part 2

I didn't answer them right away since I was trying to figure out what I needed to do to convince them that I'm really (Y/n) and I'm technically a good guy. "I'm not dying in this timeline." I got ready to execute my escape plan which was me flying straight up into the sky where their bullets couldn't reach me.

"Hey! Answer the question already!"

"It's now or never." I got ready to fly until a voice called out.

"Lower your weapons men!"

The guys in front of me lowered their guns and backed way from me as a woman with long black hair and a long blue jacket walked over towards where we were. For a moment I thought I saw an older version of the Mai of my timeline walk towards me. "Mai?" I questioned out loud and the woman smiled at me.

"It's good to see you again (Y/n), well I should say it's good to see the younger you again" the older Mai said as she now stood in front of me. Mai turned around to address the men. "Men, this woman is not a threat to us. She indeed is (Y/n)."

"Commander Mai just said that was (Y/n) right there" one of the men said.

"Well if the commander thinks it's (Y/n), we should trust her word then."

"But why is she a lot younger?"

"Um Mai, could you tell them to stop staring at me. It's creeping me out" I pointed towards the group of men that were currently staring at me.

"You guys can head back to the base now. I can handle things from here." The men nodded their heads and left the two of us alone. "I'm sorry for the trouble they caused you."

"It's okay. I can understand why based on their reactions towards me."

"Yeah, I don't know if you know this but the future you was killed recently."

"I kind of knew" future Mai gave me a confused looked. "Future me somewhat told me in a letter."

"She did? What else did she tell you?" Mai asked.

I took a moment to recall the letter my future self wrote. I didn't want to say much like the whole her having feelings for Black and Zamasu. "She basically told me how she was the reason why the killings had stopped for awhile and the reason why I might have been brought here."

"Are you the key for everyone's future?" Mai had hope in her eyes.

"Maybe? I just know why Black kidnapped me from my timeline and brought me here." I let out a sigh. "I'm somewhat the replacement for future me."

"If that's the case..."

"Sorry to interrupt you but don't get your hopes up for me being able to stop the killing of the rest of the mortals. I'm not that interested in risking my live by staying with a psychopath in order to save the lives of people I don't know. " I know what I said was harsh but it's the truth. I don't know these people like future me did. Why would I have to be the one to prevent Black and Zamasu from carrying out their plan? I don't want to babysit bad guys so they don't do bad things anymore.

Mai gave me a small smile. "I can't say I fully understand the situation you're in but I can see where you're coming from."

"Yeah. Sorry if it sounded rude."

"You don't need to apologize (Y/n)."

The two of us stood there for a moment in silence until Mai said something. "Oh by the way (Y/n), why do you have those items with you?" She pointed at the few books and playing cards I still had in my arms.

"Oh these, well since I figured I'm going to be here for a while, I might as well find some sort of entertainment."

"I see. Would you like to come back to the base with me?" Mai offered.

"Thanks but I have to refuse."

"Why is that?"

"Well for starters people will freak out that "(Y/n)" is still alive and my presence might make them uncomfortable. And secondly, if I stayed with you guys, I'll just put you all in danger." Hearing this made Mai laugh a bit. "What's so funny?"

"It's funny, you don't want to risk your life for our sake but just said you didn't want to endanger us by declining my offer to stay at the base." My face heated up slightly. She was right and I didn't want to admit it.

"Whatever" I turned my back to her. "I'm going to leave now, but I'm not going back to where Black is nor am I leaving for you guy's sake." I flew up into the sky and left the area, making sure I didn't head back to the cabin on accident again.

"She may be the younger version of you from a different timeline, but I can tell she's just like you (Y/n)" Mai said to herself as she made her way back to the base.