Chapter 31

Brads POV
"Brad.... Did I lose our baby? Your baby?" She said while she squeezed my hand again and closed her eyes. I wanted to tell her that our baby was okay. But no one knew. "Carrie, we don't know" I told her. I noticed her lay her hand on her belly and rub it slowly. She was crying. A lot. "Carrie it's okay.. We can try again, if it doesn't make it..." I told her. "Brad it would be the second time" she said through all her tears. I took her other hand and put it at her face. "Look at me" I said. She turned her head and looked at me. I wiped her tears away. "We will have a baby, okay" I told her while looking right into her eyes. I stood up while still holding her hand and kissed her. I was distracted when I heard her doctor. "Mr Paisley, may I speak with you?" He said from outside of the door. I backed up and looked at Carrie, right into her eyes. "I love you" I whispered, then kissed her forehead and walked away. I closed the door behind myself and stood in front of her doctor. "I'm sorry" he said. I knew right away, what that meant. I turned around and leaned myself against the wall and hid my face. "We ran multiple tests.. And there was no sign of a heartbeat, except Carries" he continued. I faced him again. "Why does she keep losing it?" I asked. "She works to hard, she pushes herself to hard. But probably because of these accidents that she keeps having" he explained. "Do you think we could try again?" I asked, hoping he would say yes. "You could, but there's not a 100% chance it will make it" he said. I couldn't say anything. I walked away. I just needed to cry. It hurts, to know Carrie is hurting. Our baby boy or girl, didn't make it. It's hard. I walked back into her room and looked at her. I got to her bed and slowly climbed into bed with her. She laid her head against my chest. She took my hand and I wrapped my other arm around her. "I'm sorry" I said. "Why does this keep happening Brad, why me?" She said through her tears. She was clinging onto my shirt and wouldn't let go. "Carrie" I said while rubbing her back. After a while, she started to calm down but she was still crying. "When can I go home?" She asked. "soon" I told her.

Authors note: Short chapter, again. Pls COMMENT and VOTE. thanks :)