Chapter 27

Carrie POV
"no Brad, I can't. I have to stay home with the boys" I told him. "Carrie" he said, knowing I was right. I got up and walked downstairs while wiping my tears away. I grabbed my purse and quickly walked out the door. I got in my car and started driving. I don't know where to, but I just kept driving. Why does this universe hate me? Yes, I know I'm so lucky for everything that has happened to me in the last 10 years but nobody knows what I have to go through.

Brad POV
Carrie got up and left. After she left, I stood up and slammed my fist against the wall as hard as I could. "Dammit" I said to myself, while leaning against the wall. She's pregnant. Carrie is pregnant. Carrie is pregnant, with our baby. I couldn't process this. Our baby. Baby. Baby Paisley. I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard Jasper say my name. "Dad, where'd mommy go" he asked. "Dammit" I whispered to myself again. "I don't know, but she will probably be back soon" I said realizing that I really didn't know where she was. "Why aren't you and mommy married?" He suddenly asked. He had a confused look on his face. "I love mommy a lot" I started saying, then paused. "I love her so much that sometimes it hurts my heart" I continued saying. "Mommy and I are getting married soon" I told him. He didn't say anything. "Aren't you leaving tomorrow" he asked after a long minute of silence. I just nodded my head. I walked out of the room and went downstairs to Miranda and Blake. I looked at them both. "What do I do?" I said while taking a deep breath. They didn't say anything. They just looked at eachother. "I need a rifle. Now." I said while pacing myself. "I don't care whose. I just need one right now" I said. Miranda quickly got up and ran to the closet to pull one out for me. I walked to the coat rack and picked mine up and put it on. I put on a pair of my boots and she handed the rifle to me. "I'll be back, watch the boys please" I said while walking out the door. I got on one of the four-wheelers and drove down to the shooting range that they have. I got there and started shooting. I didn't know what else to do. I had to get my frustration out. I stopped for a second. I can't go on tour. I can't. I pulled out my phone and called Gary.
Call
G- let me guess, your not going on tour
B- how'd you know
G- because I'm your manager
B- true, I'm going going anywhere for the next year.
G- year????
B- Carries pregnant
G- oh really? tell her I said congrats
B- alright thanks.
G- so not for a whole year?
B- yeah, I hate to do this but
G- I know what you mean
B- alright. I've got to go, I'll email you
G- alright bye
B- thanks

I hung up and walked back over to the four-wheeler. I got on and started driving back to the house. I got there and went inside. "You good now?" I heard Blake say from the living room. He started laughing. "It's not like you haven't done the same thing before" I said as I laughed. He stopped laughing, knowing I was right. I put the rifle back in the closet and went upstairs. I passed the boys, in their room. I went into our room and closed the door. I went into our bathroom and started the water. I quickly got in the shower. Then I heard my phone start going off. "Shit" I said to myself. I turned the water off and wrapped the towel around my waist. I ran over to the bed and picked up my phone. It read Carries contact name. I immediately answered it.
Call
B- hello? Carrie
P- is this Mr Paisley?
B- yes..
I said starting to get worried.
P- I'm sorry but Carrie has gotten in a car crash.
I stopped breathing. I felt a tear in my eyes. And I never cry. My heart stopped. I dropped my phone and the speaker button turned on.
P- hello??? Mr Paisley?
I quickly picked it back up and answered again.

Authors note: please vote and COMMENT! haha thanks.