A17: 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘎𝘳𝘦𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘏𝘰𝘭𝘦

Grace

Once again dreams took place in my sleep, relatively similar to the ones every night; always in the same place with computers and lab coated people and like always Thomas was there, however as if on cue, the night Teresa came she entered my dreams as well. And Once again they always left me with questions, that for now would have to stay unanswered as me, Thomas and Minho were going into the maze to see what the deal was with the metal cylinder.

I walked besides Minho, a small hint of orange plaguing the still grey sky, hinting that it was still slightly early in the morning, the fact that the maze doors weren't open also giving me the conclusion.

"Were did you go at dinner?" My head turned to the side, facing Minho. "Oh I went to give Thomas some food." I replied naturally as I shrugged my shoulders; turned my gaze back to the floor. "You have a crush on him don't you?" My eyes suddenly widened; my head darted to look back at him, a sly smirk on Minho's face, as we stopped in the middle of the grass patch.

A small smile drew in between my lips, a sigh leaving them, Minho had known me for three years now and we basically saw each other everyday, him and Newt were probably the only two people that knew me the most, of course it wouldn't take long for them to find out. "Fine. I do."

I turned my gaze back to the ground "But I've only known him for three days, I cant really fall in love with him yet." I said seriously "But you are  in love with him aren't you." Minho said causing me to look back up at him, annoyance clearly written on my face as I swung my hand and hit him hard on the shoulder causing both me and him to let out a small laugh. "I don't know." I said regaining seriousness again "Its complicated. like there's  this feeling that  I love him... and that I've known him from before, but I just have no idea." I explained Minho listening intently at my conversation.

"But lets not dwell on it because we've got a maze to get out of."  I said walking away from the leader of the runners.

I heard heavy footsteps behind me until Minho appeared from besides me  "You better invite me to your wedding." He said causing me to laugh once again. "Shut up." I said hitting his arm for the second time.

We reached the pit, Thomas staring out of the top clearly itching to get out of the small hole as Minho keeled at the door looking down on him. "Big day greenie." the black haired boy said "You sure you don't want to sit this one out?" he joked to the boy. A chuckle leaving my lips as I watched the encounter between the two boys. "Come on man." Thomas said smiling but also sounding fed up about the other boys antics "Get me out of here."

"All right." Minho chuckled before unlocking the makeshift door ; not even a second after it was opened Thomas jumped out of the pit, now properly able to see me and Minho, a smile curving my lips as Thomas was now free from the grasp of the pit.

The three of us strolled across the glade, all three of us now clad in our runners gear, as we edged closer to the closed doors. I reached up to my hair tightening the ponytail on the back of my head "Why do you even put your hair up if you keep that piece out? It kind of defeats the point." Minho said from behind me pointing to the strand of hair at the front that I always left alone.

"Even if its still there." I started turning to look at the boys, now carefully walking backwards as grumbling of the opening doors sounded around the glade "I always manage to beat you." I finished a smirk on my face as I then turned around and sprinted down the first corridor of the maze.

"Lets go." I heard Minhos voice echo through the maze, as he spoke to Thomas before his voice was replaced with the sound of their footsteps, as we all ran further into the maze.

We ran for hours, through sector five and six, running deeper into the maze aiming to get to the inner circle. Heavy breaths escaped my parted lips, running side by side next to the boys almost missing the large number seven painted on the side of the wall.