A5: 𝘚𝘵𝘶𝘯𝘨 𝘐𝘯 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘔𝘪𝘥𝘥𝘭𝘦 𝘖𝘧 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘋𝘢𝘺 ?

Thomas

"Anyway you gotta come with me Thomas so we can find you a job" Newt said patting me on the back; he turned to walk back into the glade as I followed behind him taking one look back to see Grace and Minho sprinting down the maze.She looked quite cute when she runs I thought quickly shaking the idea out of my head before realising Grace had turned to look back at me, a small smile planted on her lips as I raised my hand to wave goodbye Grace doing the same before she turned a corner, I longed for her to come back, for her to be safe. It was a stupid thing to say but I missed her even though I've only know her maybe a day or two It felt like I had known her forever, she seemed so familiar for some reason although I knew I couldn't have known her before the maze. However that was until I remembered the dream.

My thoughts were soon cut short by me and Newt entering the kitchen, where Frypan continued to make the rest of the gladers their food. I followed Newt to stand at the back of the line full of hungry boys who were talking and waiting for food before I finally reached the counter. I sent a small smile to Frypan before picking up my plate and following Newt to a nearby table that was already occupied by Chuck.

I sat down opposite Chuck and Newt who I had gotten to know both very well over the past 24 hours. From what I heard most of the gladers would do anything to protect Chuck and were actually quite fond of him apart from his rants about random things, no one would listen to him and they would either walk away or ignore him but I liked his little rants especially because i didn't really have anyone to talk to besides Newt or Grace.

Grace? My mind went back to the girl who I had been talking to earlier. I remembered her chocolate brown eyes and light brown hair, a sense of butterflies filled me just from thinking about her. Do I like her? I shook myself out of my thoughts returning back to the conversation between Newt and Chuck.

"So what am I doing today?" I asked to Newt before he tore his eyes away from his food. "Were gonna find you a job" he replied, the same accent as Grace."What job am I doing?" I asked again "Track hoe...with me" the Brit replied with a somewhat proud tone.

I finished my breakfast and took my plate back to the counter were I had gotten it earlier, Newt and Chuck following pursuit. "Bye" Chuck said waving to us as he turned and strode along to get started on his own job.

I turned back to Newt who placed a hand on my back and led me to were the gardens were. The sun shone down on the glade making the walls surrounding us look just the tiniest bit more inviting but I knew they weren't especially after what Newt had told me about the maze and its inhabitence - The greivers.

Once again my mind was swamped full of thoughts however was emptied as we reached the gardens. Boys had already gotten started on digging and re planting things, pulling out other plants as Newt went over to another blonde boy with blue eyes. Once he stood up he was much taller then Newt but maybe only a few inches taller than me. He was talking to the older boy who nodded at every word he said both occasionally turning to look and point at me until they finally stopped talking and walked back over to me. Newt handed me a shovel and gloves and told me how to weed properly and set me to work.

  As every hour went by more and more thoughts entered my head until finally I had enough of it. I shoved my shovel into the ground one last time and turned to newt who was - like Zart - planting some things in the ground.

"Has anyone tried climbing to the top?" I asked as Zarts head looked up from his planting as did Newt. "Tried it" the Brit began "The ivy doesn't  go all the way to the top....and besides were are you gonna go from there?" I began to think of another idea, one quickly entering my mind."Ye well what about the box...You now next time..."