A3: 𝘏𝘪𝘴 𝘕𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘉𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘯 𝘞𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘛

Grace

Night finally fell over the glade, a blanket of dark shades of blue and pink mixing to make purple with small spots of stars, shadows reaching from the walls as every one made there way over to the small place by the homestead and huddled around the structure of the bonfire.

Alby was one of the last to make their way to the heap of sticks and hay "LIGHT IT UP!" he shouted over the whispers of the gladers, cheers then erupted from their mouths as some of the boys threw their torches onto the pile of wood ; suddenly flames flew from the heap as sparks flew to the ground and black heavy smoke lifted into the air. The bonfire has begun

A hour or two past, more darkness began creeping over the glade, many sounds were heard around the fire ,laughter,shouts,music from which some boys made from the banging of pots. I sat in front of the fire its warmth filling me as I conversed with the my fellow runners including Ben and my best friend Minho who sat in his classic blue shirt and black cargo trousers that were both laced in dirt however his hair perfect as always.

My eyes darted around the crowd of boys, Gally was fighting some smaller boy who compared to him was actually minuscule, then my eyes landed on the back of two heads who sat far away from the rest of us. The musty brown colour of Newts hair was the most obvious, however clashing with the dark brown of who I supposed was the greenie .

Thomas

"You hear that "the blonde haired boy began pointing to the sky as if signalling me to be quiet "Its the maze changing, every night, once those doors close it changes, every day a different pattern" he informed me ."Were trapped here aren't we?" I asked loosing the last inch of hope I had "For now" Newt replied with no emotion in his voice "But you see those people over there" he turned and pointed to a girl, the girl who I talked to earlier at the maze doors and the boy who came out of the maze. "That's Grace, my sister, she was the first one here, and that there is Minho the keeper of the runner's, everyday they go into the maze looking for a way out." He explained before silence over came us "Here drink this take your mind of it " Newt said passing me a mason jar full of a dark liquid. I Hesitated slightly before taking a sip, a burning sensation ran through my throat as I coughed and spluttered handing the drink back to Newt "What is that?" I croaked handing the jar back to newt while he just sat and laughed "No one knows Gally's secret recipe.. but anyway that's enough questions for tonight come on " Newt replied getting up as I followed.

Newt and I began to walk around the bonfire, Newt occasionally pointing to different groups of boys until suddenly my eyes latched onto the dark brown of Grace's a sense of warmth filling me but quickly flowing away as I turned to look at another group of boys. The light brown haired girl stood from her place by Minho strolling over to stand and watch the boys make a pathetic attempt to beat Gally at his game, suddenly throwing a boy out of the circle however knocking into me "What do you say greenie?" Gally asked before an eruption of chants bounced around the glade which I reluctantly decided to join in his little game.

Boys from around the fire crowded around the pit including Newt, Chuck and Minho, who stood next to Grace, "Rules are simple I try and push you out of the circle and you try to last more than five seconds." Gally explained as some of the boys laughed at his words. Before Gally suddenly lunged at me, pushing me into a huddle of boys only to be pushed back to gally and thrown to the floor."Come on greenie were not done yet" he said looking down on me slight mockery laced in his voice as I started to stand up

"Stop calling me greenie" I  stated slight annoyance in my voice "Stop calling you that?" Gally replied "Well what do you wanna be called... Shank" the circle boomed with laughter.

"What do you say boys? He look like a shank?" Gally said however the anger inside me bubbling over as I suddenly lunged at the six footer pushing him on the other side of the circle both of us now entwined in each other, however my back was slammed to floor once again.

"You know what I think iv'e settled on shank "

I once again plummeted towards Gally only to be caught in a head lock and pushed further towards the opposite side of the circle until suddenly my hands went to his back pushing him down to the floor, Gally's face red in anger.

The six footer quickly flipped onto his back kicking the bottom of my legs sending me falling to the ground, my head filling with pain. I heard Every one wince at my pain and the sound of the thud that was my body against the floor. Suddenly a memory entered my mind slight happiness filling me as i jumped to my feet "Thomas! Hey ....Hey THOMAS!....I remember my name I'm THOMAS! " I shouted I could feel a smile penetrate my face as the circle of boys erupted in shouts of my name, all the boys embracing me in a hug or a pat on my back. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Grace slowly stroll over to me, her face slightly whiter than before
"Welcome to the Glade Thomas" She said said patting my back as her beautiful brown eyes stared into my own.

Hello again

Here is chapter 4 or 3 depending on how you put it but we finally know his name

in this chapter i tried doing a different perspective so i could show what Newt and Thomas were talking about but if you have any other suggestions in what I could do that would be great

thx for reading

sincerely Isabel