A6: 𝘚𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘒𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘴

Grace

I stepped foot back into the glade,  warmth filling me after a long day in the cold Dark maze. The sound of mine and Minho's breath banishing the mumbles of gladers who were talking around the glade.

My eyes darted around, happy to be back at my home until they stopped on a familiar brunette boy. It was Thomas. A smile crept onto my face Thomas copying my actions. 'Hes so cute' I thought, as I focused on his brown hair and hazel eyes ones iv'e gotten lost in countless times over the past 24 hours.

I was awoken from my thoughts as someone jabbed me in my side causing my gaze to be adverted from Thomas to a smirking Minho. "What?" I asked knowing perfectly well what he was on about, he raised his eyebrow at me before speaking " Come one lets go meet Ben in the map room" I nodded and followed after him jogging towards the dead heads.

Minho opened the squeaky wooden door to reveal what we called the map room, no one besides the runners were aloud in here, it was were we kept all of the maps we made to figure a way out of the maze. We would come in here every day after being in the maze to make a new map for the day and every day Ben would join us to also help but this time he wasn't there.

I looked at the leader of the runners who had a surprisingly calm look on his face, he was always strict on us meeting here by the time the other runners got back but this time he didn't really seem to care as he took of his pack and grabbed another piece of paper and a pencil and began sketching. After a couple minuets Minho finally broke the silence  "Hey were's Ben" the other runner asked looking up " I dunno" I began "I'll go look for him" I stated jogging out the door and back to the middle of the glade.

I jogged around the glade my eyes searching for the runner or someone that could tell me were he was until finally a familiar face came into sight. Thomas. "Oh hey Tommy" I said as a smile crept onto my face his doing the same "Hey you okay?" he asked slight concern in his voice "Oh i'm fine, I'm just looking for Ben have you seen him?" I replied, his smile vanishing from his face as he looked down guilt crossing his face "Tommy are you okay? whats wrong?" I asked but before he could answer Newt came running up to us.

"Hey grace. How was the maze?" my brother asked a cheeky grin on his face "Good...It was good"I started still slightly confused at Thomas' actions "Have you seen Ben?" I asked once again.

Newt's smile dropped as well. My eyes darted back and forth between Newt and Thomas before I broke the silence "Whats wrong? What happend to Ben?" My voice started to raise in anger before Newt answered my question "H..He's....He's been stung" Newt said his voice cracking looking over at Thomas. A gasp escaped my lips sadness and shock filled my limbs as a lump formed in my throat. "He attacked Thomas" Newt said again looking over at the taller boy.

Another gasped escaped my lips as I looked over at him my grabbing his hand pulling him into a hug electricity coarsening through my body "Oh my god Tommy I'm so sorry are you alright?" I said as he nodded his head in answer putting his arms around me as more butterflied filled my stomach.

We both pulled away, tears brimming both our eyes. I wasn't just sad because my best friend was going to be banished into the maze but it was because Thomas was upset as well, I didn't know what really happend but from the look from both Thomas and Newt also the bandage now on his arm I knew it wasn't good.

"God I better go tell Minho" I said letting go of Thomas's hand not realising I was even holding it "No i'll do it" Newt said grabbing hold of my shoulder pulling me back as he walked into the dead heads leaving me and Thomas alone which was kind of what I wanted: to be alone with Thomas ;That's all.

Me an Thomas sat in the middle of a grassy patch are backs leaning against a log, our shoulders touching  until I broke the silence "Hey are you okay" I asked him once again turning to face him "Ye i'm fine" he said a hint of guilt in his voice " I know you aren't Tommy" I said placing my hand on top of his, warmth flooding through my body. He didn't say anything  he just stared into my eyes as I did the same.

Once again I got lost in them, the same hazel brown glistening in the sun light making them look like they had some sort of glitter in them. He glanced down at my lips only to look back into my eyes. I realised what he did and repeated it, looking down at his full lips that were upturned into a small smile, I looked back up noticing he never broke eye contact with me until he leaned closer.I did the same longing for his lips to touch mine, our noses were only millimetres apart until Chuck came and sat down.

"Hey guys" he said casually as if not noticing anything. Me and Thomas both turned away facing the front again, My hand still on top of his "Hey Chuck" I repeated as I placed my arm around him pulling the small boy into a hug leaning my chin on his head as I looked down at what he was doing. He still had that small piece of wood in his hand carving it with a knife, he'd been doing this for weeks now just picking away at the wood.

To say the rest of the glade was devastated by the occurrences today Chuck still managed to stay happy, he always did, he always tried to bring a smile to everyone's face and he did, he always managed to make me laugh. He took the pain away from every one and that's why I have to keep him safe. I have to keep everyone safe no matter what. 

Hello again

I thought I would post another chapter so here it is. I know this sounds kind of stupid but I ship Tace (Thomas x Grace) and yes I know it is part of the story but I cant help it.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I cant remember if I said Ben's banishing was next and im sorry if I did, I was going to write it in this one but I thought I would be too long but anyway Ben's banishing is definitely next.

thank you all for reading

Sincerely Isabel :)