A:10 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘈𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘠𝘰𝘶

Thomas

"They should be back by now" I stated, my back leaning against the beam holding up the roof, that was now protecting us from the rain pouring down as I stared at the empty maze entrance. Everyone now had taken shelter from the pouring rain; Grace, Minho and Alby still out in the maze, it was too late for them to not be back by now ,most runners were already back some still coming in but were the last of them.

Worry settled in my stomach as I fiddled with my fingers longing to see the two emerge from the maze "They'll make it" Newt said confidently, an unfazed look on his face however I knew there was fear and worry bubbling up inside him it was his sister in there after all.

"What happens if they don't" I questioned now stood besides Newt "There gonna make it" He said I was still confused as to how he stayed so calm, he was probably used to not showing how worried he was as they went in almost every day ; they were all probably used to them cutting it close, getting out of the maze just before the doors closed however it still baffles me somehow.

The rain continued to pour as I stood, once again my back against the beam, thunder echoing through the glade and rain bouncing of the floor and the walls making puddles all around the floor. I kept my gaze on the doors wishing I could see Grace come from the maze doors, wishing to see her soft brown hair, her hazel eyes. 'Please be okay.' I thought those few words repeating in my head over and over again.

It was now sundown, the rain had slowly passed, the worry still bubbling inside of me. Now they really should be back, the doors were about to close. All the gladers stood around the doors anticipating for them to be back "Come on guys cant we send somebody after them?" I questioned growing restless and impatient.

"That's against the rules" Gally spoke from his position, crouching on the floor, like the rest of them he was worried about the three inside, however like the rest of them didn't let it show "Either they make it back or they don't"

"Cant risk loosing anyone else" Newt added his voice slightly wavering as he tried to keep his composure, both of us scared for the other gladers.

Rumbling erupted from the doors as they suddenly began to shut ; my stomach dropping as I knew they wouldn't make it back everyone else beginning to panic as well.

"There!" I pointed to the far end of the hallway noticing three beings come from around the corner.

"Grace!" Chuck shouted seeing the brunette come closer "Grace" Newt whispered from beside me "Wait no somethings wrong" He pointed out. Both Grace and Minho grunting struggling to hold a limp Alby's weight, misplacing steps as they rushed to the exit of the maze.

An eruption of encouragements came from the gladers in an attempt to make them hurry up."Come on you can do it !" Chuck shouted at them following he other gladers actions. The two dropping Alby ; Grace now picking up his arms as Minho went for his legs now dragging him on the floor.

"Minho! Grace! You gotta leave him!" Gally ordered at the two however ignoring him completely "There not gonna make it" Newt stated his voice shaking tears now in his eyes I dont think he really cared who saw anymore as his sister fought to get to door however getting no further.

"Come on Minho! Move your arse!" Grace ordered to him looking from Minho then to the path in front of her locking eyes with me, now all the world was silent, the shouts from the boys was now an echo, the screeching of the closing door now a distant grumble. I was going to do something. I had to.

The doors were about to touch however having enough room for someone to get through. That's what I was going to do. My eyes darted from each door my mind ordering me to not go through, my heart however pounding fro me to do it. A sigh escaped my lips, my feet sprinting to the maze door ignoring the shouts from the gladers, ripping from the boys' reach as I ran through the doors turning sideways to fit through the ever closing slabs of rock, pushing my self to run to the other side.

Finally sliding out as I landed on the floor with a thud however unheard by the booming sound of the doors shutting. Panting, I turned sitting up on my elbow staring at the doors that were now closed - locked for the night. Some part of myself was proud of what I had done, not just standing by letting Grace, Minho and Alby be trapped by the maze, the other part petrified of what I had done questioning how stupid I was realising they didn't need any help, that they could have survived without me and I did this for nothing; that I let my feelings get in the way. Now I realised I was stuck with no way out in a maze full of blood thirsty creatures with no clue of were I was going. We were going to die. I was going to die.