A16: 𝘞𝘦'𝘳𝘦 𝘈𝘭𝘭 𝘍𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘺

Grace

By the time the sun set we were all back in the med hut, pained groans coming from Alby as he laid on the small wooden bed. "We don't even know what this stuff is." Newt said as he inspected the same liquid me and Thomas had gotten from Teresa. "We don't know who sent it or why it came up here with you. For all we know this thing could kill him."

"Newt he's already dying." I said looking at Newt, sadness written across his face resembling my own. Alby was his best friend, along with mine and like anyone here I never wanted to put him in more harm, but in his state we needed to try anything we could no matter what we knew about the substance. "How could this possibly make it any worse?" Thomas reasoned "Come on its worth a try."

"All right." Newt breathed "Do it." Newt caved in handing the syringe over to the brunette, who moved to Albys side, clutching the cylinder hovering it over Albys chest. His head turning to face us looking between me and my brother to which I could only purse my lips and nod my head.

"Okay-" Thomas raised his hand slightly ready to stab the syringe into Albys skin; suddenly the boys eyes shot open, the usual dark brown replaced with black darkness, blue veins running over the whites of his eyes. "You shouldn't be here!" He screamed, his arms and legs thrashing all over the place; one hand clasping around Thomas' shirt. Repeating his lasts words "You shouldn't be here!"

Newt and the medjacks suddenly jumped at Alby and Thomas, trying to separate the two, dropping the syringe in the mean time "Get the syringe!" One of the medjacks shouted "Let go!" He then screamed to Alby. My head turned to the syringe before I darted to the piece of metal, clutching onto it before turning back around and aiming the end at the shirtless boys chest and stabbed it into his flesh. Finally his breathing slowed, his grasp loosened and his chest finally gained a normal and steady rhythm before his eyes closed; he finally fell back into a deep sleep.

"Well that worked." Jeff sighed sarcastically, our heavy breaths filled the room "Are you okay?" I asked Thomas before he nodded his head. "Okay from now on someone stays here and watches him from around the clock." Newt said his eyes trained on Alby before turning to look at the rest of us, all nodding in response.

The creaking of a door caught my attention, looking over to the door way to see an annoyed looking Gally "Hey, sundown greenie. Time to go." He said keeping his eyes glued to Thomas. A scoff left my lips as I rolled my eyes, of course Gally wouldn't forget that Thomas was supposed to be in the pit.

Thomas slowly backed away from Alby, walking towards the door before stopping next to me his eyes glued to mine "I'll see you tomorrow." I said squeezing his arm before I let him go; walked over to Gally both exiting the med hut.

It had been one or two hours since Thomas was taken to the pit and now me and chuck decided to and give Thomas some food. We made our way over to the pit our feet rustling in the grass, Thomas obviously hearing us. "Who's there." He called out "It's just us." I Called back as we sat looking down at Thomas, the orange light illuminating his features. His brown eyes glistening, while turning into an amber colour.

"Sorry guys." He mumbled looking between me, Chuck and then his hands as he fiddled with his fingers. "What are you doing here?" He asked a slight smile on his lips "Me and Chuck wondered if you were hungry and we brought you some food." I answered as I looked to Chuck who handed him the wrapped food "here."

Thomas took the small package of stolen food from the younger boys hand untieing the small rope and picking up a small piece of bread and putting it in his mouth. "Mmm..." he groaned in delight making me chuckle slightly

"Thanks guys." He mumbled through a mouth full of food making me chuckle once again at his silly antics, out of the corner of my eye I saw chuck fiddling with something in his hand "Hey is that the wood you've been carving?" I asked to which he nodded. "Can we see?"

He turned the figure in his hand to reveal the carved figure of what looked like some sort of monkey "That's amazing Chuckie." I said giving him a smile. Thomas leaned further to the pit door, getting a closer look. "Wow that came out pretty damn good." Thomas said his eyes scanning over every detail of the wood.

"What's it for?" The brunette questioned, his eyes looking between the Curly haired boy and the figure he held. "It's for my parents." I felt my heart drop at his words.

"You remember your parents?" I asked wondering if he did, why he didn't tell me "No." He replied sadly "I mean I know I must have them and wherever they are, I'm sure they miss me but... I can't miss them because I don't remember them." He explained his eyes pooled with sadness.

"You can still miss them even if you don't remember them. I know me and Newt miss our parents very much." I said placing a hand on his back, none of us knew if our parents were alive or if we still had them,  even if they were looking for us but I still missed them regardless and everyday I wished me and Newt could see our parents again.

"What do you think you're gonna find out there tomorrow?" Chuck asked, his face expressionless as he changed the subject. "I don't know but if there's a way out Chuck." Thomas said looking towards me as I fiddled with my necklace, his eyes locking to mine before turning black to Chuck. "Me, Minho and Grace will find it." He reassured him.

Chuck stared at the wood in his hand before holding it out towards Thomas "Here" his voice held no emotion "Chuck...why would you give this to me?" The brunette asked, the wooden figure held open in his palms. "I can't remember them anyway but maybe if you find a way out you can give it to them for me."  He shrugged.

I felt my eyes go glassy at the words of the normally joyful boy "I'll let you get some sleep." The curly haired boy said standing up "Grace you coming?" He asked, as I thought for a second. "I'll stay for a bit Chuckie." I said looking to Thomas.

"Hey Chuck Come here. Put out your hand." Thomas instructed as the smaller boy put out his hand, Thomas placing the wood back in his palm "I want you to give that to them yourself. Were gonna get out of here, all of us. I promise." I smiled at the two.

"All right." The smaller boy said standing up "Good night." He said smiling softly. "Goodnight buddy." Thomas replies.

"Night Chuckie." A small smile on my face as he turned to walk away.

"You know he likes you." I stated to Thomas, my eyes trained on Chuck as he disappeared into the hammocks. I felt the eyes of Thomas trained on me, causing my head to face him; a blush to rise on my cheeks as he stared into my eyes.

"Your good with him...you know keeping his hopes up and everything." I said fiddling with my necklace. "It's not easy for him you know. Being that young and being put in a bloody place like this. He shouldn't have to be here."

My eyes once again became glassy talking about the young boy. Thomas' hand was placed on mine "And that's why he has you, that's why he has all of us, were his family now, we're all family here whether we like it or not I guess." He laughed as I chuckled along with him "And I'm sure he's happy that you're here to help him through this." He reassured

His thumb ran over my hand, his touch slightly soothing me; making butterflies erupt in my stomach at the same time. "Thank you Thomas." A small smile on my face.

"I had a dream about us the other day." I blurted out remembering when I told him about it before I went in the maze. "And I know you did too." I said also remembering he told me the same thing, now realising I had a connection to him like no other, my mind finally addressing the feelings I have felt.

Thomas stopped his movements on my hand yet still keeping hold of it "We were in a room full of computers and we sat across from each other, this might sound crazy, I bet I'm already sounding crazy but we were happy. Together." I explained

"I'm sorry, I really do sound crazy. I let you get some sleep." I said laughing at how stupid and creepy I sounded. I began to get up mentally cursing my self at why I couldn't just keep my mouth shut, but before I could move I felt Thomas' had wrap around my wrist "I did... I just wasn't sure what to make of it and I didn't know how to explain it." He reassured "If I remembered I could probably tell you." He chuckled.

"I just wish I could." He muttered and I smiled sadly.

"Me too."