chapter [13]

{Rune}

It was on a Monday morning when I brought my slumbering body to the Inoue company building once again but a loud men's yell made me wake up finally.

"YOU SAID YOU'D TAKE ME IN! I APPLICATED FOR THE 5TH TIME NOW!" The man had dirty clothes and frizzy hair. He was kicking and punching around him when two security men stopped him from entering the building. Did he want to join Inoue group? Why was his application denied? I wondered but kept my distance when observing the situation.

"Listen I just need help!" The man continued now begging.

"I can't controll this power, everywhere I go I destroy things. Please! I'll do everything you ask me for." He pleaded but was ignored by the security men. I was about to walk over to them and ask about the problem when I was called.

"Rune Smith, please follow me to the CEOs office immediately." The thunder-like voice of Mr. Gray made me lose attention and quickly I entered to face the man who was waiting for me. Training was supposed to be continueing as usual so Mr. Gray stopping me right in the middle of the entrance hall wasn't right.

"Did I do something?" I wondered and pulled my hood back to get a better look at him. It was hard to read his expression.

"Please come with me first and ask questions later. Raven is already there." he explained and I decided I'd follow him for now. But Raven too? What did I do that the leader of this group wanted to see me? They couldn't have found out about my gifted abilities... I was as good as dead if that was the case.

Mr. Gray proceeded to lead me into the elevator and up to the 7th floor where he held a large door open for me.

I entered seeing Mary Inoue, the gorgeous woman with long silky black hair sitting behind her desk and Raven leaning on it next to her. But there was a third person in there... a child.

"Ayaka?" I said out loud seeing the girl run over to me and grab my hand. Of course! How could I not think about this. I already suspected the girl from 2 days ago to be the leaders niece! But I didn't expect them to find out that it was me who basically kidnapped them into a bakery.

"See? This is him, auntie. I told you he's the one who saved me!" She turned around to the woman who got up from her chair while Raven kept his eyes averted. I still remembered how he threw me out of his apartment like that so maybe he was still being angry...

"Did you save Ayaka and Ethan from the religious people." Ms Inoue asked and I could feel her power in the way she was speaking. Calm anf elegant, yet confident and dominant.
Feeling a little intimidated I nodded. Looking at her brought up feelings of anger for a second but I couldn't let them notice... I didn't even know if she had been involved in killing my family. Judging her age she had most certainly been a young teen back then.

"Then I, as the leader of this group am officially thanking you." Her plump rosy lips curled into a smile making her looking younger and I mirrored it.

"It wasn't a big deal really. I'm just glad that they are fine." I laughed it off but Ayaka wouldn't let go of my hand. I decided to not hold a grudge against this woman for now... but I had to stay cautious.

"He just beat them all up in only one second although he doesn't have the gifted strength!" She cheered and I tensed a little thinking about her revealing too much.

"One second is a little exaggerated, haha."

"Still, we owe you something so if you ever face a problem please reach out to Mr. Gray or Raven." Ms Inoue added and I heard the said boy sighing.

"Hey, Rave." Ayaka stared over to her cousin.

"Look out, he might surpass you some day." She chuckled making Raven's head shoot up.