Chapter 43 l Back at it Again

"You know..." Calla started. "It still amazes me that a pig this large can run this damn fast."

"FULL SPEED AHEAD MAMA!! HOOF IT!!" Hawk screeched, standing upon his mother's snout. 

"Lady Elizabeth...I must protest once more. I am dragging you right into the heart of the danger." Zaratras murmured, geared back up in his armor. Elizabeth's hair fluttered behind her as the wind whipped around her, revealing her golden right eye. 

"I swore to him....That even if something were to ever happen to him...I would continue to fight for this kingdom and its people." Hawk huffed, chest puffing up.

"Don't worry Elizabeth! If you've got me around you've got a stout hundred-pig power war machine at your side!" Calla rolled her eyes. 

"The slightest falter or tiniest moment of negligence will mean certain death when going against the Ten Commandments....they are monsters among monsters."

"Way to be a downer." Calla muttered. 

"They are not an opponent we can hope to defeat with a simple head-on, full frontal assault." Hawk flexed his ear. 

"Maybe you can't, but if I charged straight at 'em with my almighty 'pork punch parade' they wouldn't know what hit 'em!" Hawk declared. 

"Glad to see one of us is confident--" He was cut off by the sight of a flying red demon and Calla launching herself off of the pig to kill it in one clean slice. 

"It can't be..." Elizabeth murmured. "Have they already sensed our presence?!" Calla motioned her hand and Zaratras moved himself in front of the princess. 

"It'd be weird if they didn't notice us." Calla remarked. "I mean, we are  on a giant pig rampaging through the forest." Hawk went to agree when the forest cleared. 

"HOLY HAMBURGERS!" He screeched. 

"Here comes the rest of the ugly wagon!" Calla called, lip twitching up. "Been a hot minute since I got to exercise properly." 

"Calla! Please be careful!" Elizabeth called. 

"Don't you worry that pretty head of yours Elizabeth~" Calla teased. "Mama Pig! Hard right!" The green pig swerved to the right and the Sin launched herself off of said pig, eyes gleaming. 

"Arising Inferno!" Without harming the surrounding forest, the demons were lit on fire and Calla got to achieve some arson after such a long break without any form of violence. Landing ever-so-gracefully, as if she hadn't just torched over a dozen demons, Calla just noticed that Hawk wasn't looking very...pink.

"Sir Piglet...what in the world is that form?" Zaratras inquired as Elizabeth hovered over the boar that had just grown horns and turned a deep shade of red. 

"When Hawk digests something that possesses magical energy...he ends up transforming!" She explained, waving her hands frantically. "Hurry Hawk! Spit it out!" The boar tilted his head, giving her a questioning "Pukya?" instead of answering. And then a shadow fell over them. 

"Well, well...we rushed over here to see what all the fuss was about...only to stumble on a little band of misfits~" Calla whipped around, instinctively pushing Elizabeth behind her as the Commandment of Purity and Reticence floated above them.  Recognition flashed on Derieri's face, almost....terror. 

"Derieri?" The quiet Commandment questioned. "What's wrong?" She dropped like a weight, landing on the boar in front of Calla. 

"Damn, you cut your hair?" Calla asked, adjusting her grip on her weapon. "It's looks good on you baby~" And then she was knocked to the side and Derieri leaned in close to Elizabeth. 

"What the hell are you doing here?"

A/n: Okay, to begin this author's note, I want to apologize for taking so long to update, especially when I promised I would update it way back in April, so to compensate, I'm gonna upload two chapters today, and try to keep working on the next chapter. Admittedly, I've lost a lot of interest I once had in this story, so updates can be more of a chore than something I enjoy now--but I refuse to put this story on a hiatus, because I know I would not come back to it (Like on of my other books). However, I'll be leaving school soon, so I'll have a lot more free time to start working on books. 

Thanks so much for being so patient with me!!

~Mynameisinuse1

(Also, a self plug, but I made a short story--my own original work--and I'd love it if any of you could check it out, it's title is Danse Macabre. Again, thanks so much!!)