Chapter 32 l Sin vs Sin

Calla pushed her hand over the hilt of Sekhmet for the umpteenth time that day. Her conversation with Meliodas was...Deep. He spilled almost everything to her about the Demon Clan, his younger brothers, three thousand years and...Elizabeth. Calla had cried for him silently. She had understood why he had needed to protect Elizabeth, he couldn't lose her again, not after losing so many other versions of herself. The thoughts weighed heavily on her mind as she stalked through the streets of Liones. Deep in thought, she almost didn't noticed the sounds of fighting. Almost.

"Stop this madness, Gowther!" She heard someone shout. "If this goes on any further, we're going to cause a huge mess!" Hopping onto the building, she looked down to the other street and gasped.

"Yes, an uproar would most definitely be a hassle." Gowther remarked. "Sacred Treasure - Twin Bow Harlot: Blackout." Calla reared back as the world around her went black and white. She wobbled on her feet, grasping at the wall beside her.

"What was that?" Diane demanded, coughing. She looked around, seeing multiple unconscious bodies lying around. "What happened to everyone?!" Gowther fixed his glasses.

"We have exactly ten minutes...With me as the epicenter, this has a three mile radius effect." He explained. "Everyone with less than a spirit level of four hundred has been rendered in suspension." He paused. "After all, memories are nothing more than information. To create them is simple. What I want to know is...The emotions that exist beyond them." He rushed towards Diane.

"Even me...The precious memories I had with King. I don't know why, but I had forgotten them...And I can't forgive myself for that." She clenched her fist. "But now, I've got them back. I'm sure that's because they were engraved deep into my heart!" She shouted. "Nobody can erase memories and feelings that important." Stone columns exploded from the ground, surrounding Gowther. He seemed unfazed by this as pink blasts came flying towards the giantess. She simply spun out of the way, her face a deadly calm.

"Power level of nine hundred and fifty...As expected for the Giant Tribe. Even at human size, it's a physical strength almost high enough to compete with the Captain's." His Sacred Treasure surrounded him as Diane moved her hands in an expertly fashion. Two stone gollum exploded from the ground, surrounding Gowther.

"Filet and Roast!" Diane called. Twinning pink tendrils stuck from the beasts' foreheads.

"Hijack." Gowther returned. As the hands came closer, Diane took a step back before she was shoulder out of the way. Her eyes widened as Calla gripped Sekhmet, swinging her blade like an arc. It went through the stone hands like butter and she unfurled her whip, swinging it towards the other Sin. Gowther's eyes widened a fraction as a cord wrapped around his midsection, dragging him towards the ground. His body collided with Calla's and she went sprawling, rolling against the dirtied ground.

"Over there!" She heard someone shout. She felt her shoulder get pulled up some. "Are you alright, Calla?"

"Oh, hey Meliodas." Calla greeted, grunting as her bone reset itself. "I'm good. Go get Gowther he's gone batshit crazy." Meliodas nodded before Calla helped Diane to her feet. "Sorry about earlier." She apologized.

"It's fine." Diane murmured. "Thank you, his attack took me off guard."

"What's going on here?" All eyes turned to see Slater approaching the group. Merlin smiled.

"Slater of the Roars of Dawn? Impeccable timing. I would like for you to do something for me." She said. Meliodas snorted.

"That guy won't listen to anyone but the King." He muttered, just as Slater took a knee in front of the Sin.

"What is it that you ask of me?" Slater inquired.

"Slater, are you being blackmailed by Merlin?" Meliodas asked.

"Don't be absurd." Slater said. "I was captivated by how you effortlessly nullilified the power that no oner could lay a finger on, and saved the King with your awe-inspiring magic. Let me call you "My Lady"~"

"Call me whatever you like." Merlin said.

"So, what would you like me to do, My Lady?" He asked once more. Merlin motioned Gowther over who did as she commanded. She held her hand in front of the Sin's chest before he began to glow.

"Absolute Cancel." And then Gowther disappeared and his clothing fell into a pile.

"Gowther shrank!" Diane observed.

"No, it's more like he...." Elizabeth murmured.

"The power cast on Gowther is so incredibly strong that completely erasing it is difficult even for my 'Absolute Cancel.'" Merlin explained. "The return to his original form is only temporary." She bent over, rooting through the fallen clothing pile before pulling out a doll-sized version of Gowther. Meliodas had explained to Calla how Gowther was 'made' and what he was, but it still surprised her.

"Original form?" Slater echoed, confused. "No matter how you look at it, that's a..." Merlin nodded.

"That's right, he was created by a great magician. Gowther is..."

"A doll."