Chapter 10 l Big Spoon

"You're trying to tell me that your bar and home are on a giant, green, fucking pig?!" Calla demanded. Ban snickered.

"Yeah, kinda hard to fathom." He answered. "But you'll get used to it in a little while." Calla touched the green skin of Hawk's Mama's back.

"Who slipped something into my food earlier?" She demanded. Ban continued laughing as he pulled her against him, his tall frame towering over hers. She was tall but he was like a mini giant.

"Only me. I was the one who cooked after all~" He said quietly. She pushed her lower lip out, finger brushing against the scar on his jaw and neck.

"And what the hell happened to you?" She demanded. Ban grinned.

"Just a throw down with Cappy." He answered. "But we're going in for a little while and I'm sure the others are dying to actually get to know you." She sighed.

"Only if I can be the big spoon later." He chuckled and she pouted childishly.

"Maybe." She trailed in behind him, giving Diane a small smile as she walked. Diane waved back, happy that Calla was nice. Elizabeth was wearing what Calla would assume someone with a less 'clean' job would wear, but didn't judge it. Meliodas was at one of the tables with ale in a tankard with King floating around on his Chastifol. Calla still wasn't very fond of him, but he was hard not to like. Easy to embarrass too. In reality, she waned to walk into the room and throw her arm around King and say, "Sup whores?" But she figured they wouldn't appreciate that. So instead, she perched herself onto the stool next to Elizabeth, and across from where Meliodas was cleaning a glass. "Yo." She greeted. "Never really got to introduce myself properly." She held out her hand to the Captain. "Nice to meet you, Meliodas, I'm Calla." Meliodas shook her hand, but grinned.

"No need to be so formal, none of us really are. 'Cept King, but that's just King." Calla returned the smile before turning to the Princess.

"I hope you don't mind if I'm not very formal like Meliodas said, but it's an honor to meet you, Princess Elizabeth." Elizabeth smiled sweetly.

"I don't mind! It's nice to be treated like a normal person and not a princess." She returned. As she spoke, Ban settled next to her on the stool, throwing an arm around her.

"Awkward introductions over! Now let's get a buzz on~!" He sang and Calla found herself grinning. Meliodas rolled his eyes.

"You're a hopeless drunk Ban-Dit."

~

"Go, my steed~!" Calla sang, ale in one hand, the other holding onto the introduced, Hawk. Ban held onto the boar's hind leg, singing some random song.

"I am not your horse!" Hawk whined, straining to keep her weight up and drag Ban.

"You are too!" Calla retorted, taking a swig off of the glass. "I shall name you Finnian!" Hawk by then had had enough and threw her off. It barely fazed her as she spread her limbs wide like a starfish, giggling. Meliodas leaned over, eyebrow raised.

"It's official. We have another Ban on the team." Meliodas sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose as he tutted. "This is going to be absolute chaos." Calla squawked as she was hauled up.

"Hey you overpowered midget!" She whined. "Put me down! I'm sober!" Meliodas rolled his eyes.

"Sure, sure. Like I'll ever believe that." He said, putting her over his shoulder. She saw that he was dragging Ban with his other hand and she snickered.

"Welcome to the club~!" She sang, and found herself laughing as Meliodas dragged him up the stairs, not even attempting to be nice. She waved sadly at Elizabeth and Diane as they shook their heads, smiling. "Bye-bye." She was tossed onto a bed and heard Ban land on the floor.

"Righty-o," Meliodas started. "Go to sleep you drunkards. And be quiet if you decide to go down." He grinned. As the door shut, and darkness enveloped the room, Calla found herself highly bored and giggly.

"Are you alive down there?" She asked. She heard groaning in return as a hand gripped the side of the bed. Ban hauled ass to get onto the cushion and he grinned.

"Nope. I'm as dead as can be." He said, flopping down next to her. Calla curled up next to him.

"Then I guess I'm spooning a corpse. Not the worst thing I've done."