Chapter 40 l Meliodas vs The Ten Commandments

"He really pulled a sneaky one." Calla uttered, eyeing the fallen Commandments before glancing over at Escanor, who was in a heap on his arena. 

"I was careless...I did not pay enough heed to that man's massive magic power!" Drole grunted. "To think he'd channel all of his attack directly at us." 

"That crazy old bastard." Ban muttered. "He just opened a huge can of whoop-ass against them~" He turned to talk to Meliodas. "So, Cap'n what should we d--" 

Meliodas was gone. 

"Hah--?" The area in front of the two Commandments erupted and their the Captain of the Seven Deadly Sins stood, in all his glory. 

"Enough foreplay...Let's get the real festival started."  The declaration seemed to bring the temperature around them down as the demon launched forward, foot sinking into the giant's stomach. Meliodas brought his arms back before releasing a barrage of attacks loose. Drole's head snapped up as Meliodas' fist knocked into his chin, blood flying from his mouth. Gripping Lostvayne, he brought his arm in a wide arc and the ground shook as two of the Commandment's arms hit the ground, severed from his body. Drole brought two fingers to his chest, brushing them against a laceration before bringing them back to his mouth. 

"So this is what you had up your sleeve..." He murmured, eyeing Meliodas, who had gone still. 

"I was just waiting for an opening..." The Sin answered simply. "A window of opportunity so that I could pulverize the both of you into oblivion!!" Calla distantly heard the other festival-goers gawk at the warning.

"If I had chosen to come at you head on with a direct assault, you two would have been vigilant and completely at the ready. Fighting the both of you under those circumstances, no matter how powerful I may be, would have meant my demise. So I came with my teammates to participate in this festival and have a "good time" with the hopes that you'd get sloppy and let your guard down, if even for an instant..."  Meliodas remarked. "Of course, I didn't share a word of this with anyone...I'm well aware that your magic eye can see through even the best laid plans. So I sat back...Watching intently and waiting for that opening to present itself. And Escanor...He sure as hell delivered the mother of all openings." His eyes flicked over, watching Gowther pick up his fallen comrade. 

"So that's how it is..." Drole murmured. "Indeed if we were to fight you on even ground, it would most certainly be an uphill battle from where you stand..." The giant's lip twitched up some. "Unfortunately for you, you've made one fatal oversight." His still intact arms shot up, moving in certain motions. "GIGANT EMBRACE!" The earth beneath them began to shiver, as if about to explode. And that's exactly what it did. 

"Ban--!" 

They went airborne. 

The last thing Calla saw was Meliodas' eyes going dark. 

~

"Fucking. Stupid. Blue. Goddamned. Giant. Butthole." With every word came a kick from Calla to the rock wall of their prison. Howzer seemed to share the opinion, attempting to attack the wall with his sword. 

"This damn bedrock!" He cursed. "How the hell are we gonna get out of here?" 

"You can leave that to me." The statement gained the entirety of the bunche's attention. The mage that was fighting with Gilthunder fixed their grip on the staff they held. "I can teleport all of us here to somewhere safe." The deal seemed tempting. 

"Gilfrost, was it?" Diane inquired. "Can you really transport this many people at once?" The mage seemed apprehensive. 

"Well...it can't hurt to try." They murmured.