Chapter 4 l Small Fairy Girl

Calla cackled as she sat atop one of the branches of the tree that held the Fountain of Youth. Ban huffed, clambering up the bark like a little spider monkey.

"Haha ya' dumb bitch. Sucks having to climb, doesn't it?~" She asked and Ban glared at her.

"Ya, well maybe if you didn't have that little hook of yours you'd be struggling just as much as I am you wench!" He seethed. This remark only made Calla laugh harder before standing up, stretching and throwing her rather long roped hook around the next larger branch. As Ban was sweating bullets while he climbed, Calla watched with amusement. Almost as soon as they made it to the top a large gust of wind blew them back, but not before Calla saw a flash of a white gown and blonde hair. Calla looped her whip on a branch as she watched Ban catch himself as well.

"Oho? Guess gaining immortality will be a little harder than we thought, huh?" Ban asked. As he climbed, Calla roped herself back up and dug her hook into the tree before the Guardian Saint could throw her off again.

"Why hello there, young lady~" Calla greeted, grinning. The girl sighed in annoyance before trying to throw her off.

"You'll never get your hands on the Fountain of Youth; filthy humans!" She shouted. Calla shrugged.

"His idea, not mine. Kind of a dumbass if you ask me." She stated and laid down. "Don't worry about me, I'm just going to watch in amusement as Ban fails miserably."

"I heard that ya' biiiietch!" Ban shouted from below. Calla laughed.

"Sucks climbing, doesn't it?" She shot back. And as Elaine listened to the two bicker, she read the woman's thoughts. They seemed to rotate around the man, Ban and Elaine realized none of them seemed too selfish. Ban finally landed on the top of the tree and whipped out his three sectioned staff. Elaine threw out her hand just as Ban swung and he jerked his hand back, holding a small cup of water? Almost instantly, vines wrapped around both Calla and Ban.

"Hey! What'd I do? Huh?" Calla demanded. Elaine blew out a small breath of relief.

"The Fountain is safe." She murmured, and went on to glare at the two of them. "Humans are so selfish and greedy, always indulging in their own sins." She seethed and her eyes glowed somewhat looking at Ban before her eyes widened. "What?" She muttered before the vines started loosening on the pair. Ban rubbed the back of his neck in annoyance while the small fairy swooped around the two. "Hmm, you two are not like other humans. You only wanted the Fountain of Youth because....?"

"We thought if maybe we lived long enough something good might happen." Calla explained. "We've had a lot of rough experiences."

"I don't understand. I am living proof that even living long enough will not bring something good.

"Except us!" Ban sang.

~

"You know what we're gonna do~?" Calla slurred, wobbling on her feet before slumping down next to Ban. "We're gonna get absolutely shitfaced and worry about it later, kay?" She said, holding out her bottle of ale.

"Yeah!" Ban agreed, his cheeks flushed, attempting to toast with her, but failing miserably and Elaine watched with slight amusement, sipping on her own drink

"You two together is absolute chaos." She giggled. Calla looked at her.

"Yah! You got that right! Did I ever tell you about the time when I...when I—uh. Never mind." Calla's sentence dragged on for a moment before she flopped onto Ban, knocking him over.

"You lied to me, Calla!" He accused. "You are a spoon!" His lip began to tremble, obviously offended that she had lied to him, and tears welled up in his eyes before he began to full on sob. Elaine snorted at the sight before throwing her head back and fully laughing at the pair.

A memory forever carved in the drunkards' mind.