Chapter 5 l Fires & Prison

"You know, from what I've heard, your brother sounds like an absolute jackass." Ban muttered as Elaine told the pair about her brother, Harlequin.

"No, it's not that. I know that something must've happened to him. I trust my brother, but it's just having to stay in this one spot and through countless humans off." Elaine explained.

"Then you should go with us sometime. We could show ya around the world." Calla offered and Elaine shook her head.

"No, I could never leave the Fountain of Youth, as much as I want to."

"You know what, then we'll find your brother. M'kay Elaine?" Calla asked. Elaine clenched her fists before diving at the two, grabbing them both in a hug.

"Thank you." She said quietly.

~

The fire burning the pink leaves made it hard for Calla to breath. In front of the trio sat a red demon, laughing maniacally as it set the tree on fire with Purgatory Flames.

"Calla, get behind me!" Ban ordered, pulling out his staff. He swung it out and yanked his arm back, holding a very large heart.

"Ban you idiot! Demons have more than one heart!" Elaine screamed. Ban turned just as the demon swung and tackled Calla to the ground just as it's claw dug into his back and stomach. Calla's eyes snapped open and her mouth fell agape. She barely felt her out wound, instead she felt tears gathering in her eyes. Ban struggled to breathe with a gaping hole in his chest and stomach, blood bubbling from the corner of his mouth.

"Ban..?" Calla whispered and Elaine watched helplessly for just a moment.

"Ban! Drink this!" She said quickly and the man only attempted to scoff.

"I can barely breathe." He choked.

"Then Calla, drink this, please." Elaine almost begged. Calla looked between the cup and Ban before taking the cup in her hand. Tipping it back, the taste made her gag, choking some down on accident before smashing her mouth over Ban's forcing the magic water down his throat. As Ban sat up, Elaine used the tree to wrap the branches around the demon, immobilizing it. Calla looked down as the pain of her wound turned into a warm tingle and watched in awe as the blood was replaced by new skin with a circular scar still tinged red. Calla struggled to her feet for one moment before pulling out her hook and illuminating it blue. She spun the hook around her head before wrapping it around the red demon.

"Get him now, Ban!" Calla demanded, and Ban gripped his staff before it was colored purple and started tearing him apart. As the fires died out and the demon was cut into small pieces, Calla thumped to the ground before Elaine worriedly.

"Hey, you okay?" She asked noticing Elaine still had her arm tucked around her midsection.

"F—fine, Calla."

"No, you're not, take your arm away." Elaine hesitated and her jaw clenched as she pulled away her arm. Calla sucked in a small breath. Cut through her stomach horizontally was a rather large cut, bleeding steadily.

"You idiot." Ban muttered.

"Why didn't you tell us?!" Calla demanded, and pulled off her shirt, tying it around her stomach. "No matter, we have to get you outta here, 'Laine." Calla picked up her small frame easily. "Ban, let's go. There's a town just outside The Fairy King's Forest—"

"Stop. I'm not going to make it for too much longer." Elaine interrupted. She held up her hand and in it, she held a small seed. "Please, just create a new forest with this seed. It is my last wish." Calla bit her lip before taking the seed before Elaine smiled. "Thank you, for keeping me company and making my life good for once." Ban's head dipped down as Elaine's eyes fluttered closed. Seeing Calla shed a few tears, his hand landed on her shoulder.

"There's nothing we can do, Cal. Let's just do what she wished, kay?" He said and Calla nodded before standing up and setting Elaine down gently.

"Then let's get to it, Ban-Dit."

~

It wasn't the everlasting silence that drove Calla somewhat insane in her prison cell. It was the smell. The stench of her almost rotting body and the blood covering almost every surface every time they tried to execute her. Of course, because she didn't drink as much of the Fountain of Youth, he wounds healed every time, but scarred as well, meaning she had multiple cut shaped and holes adorning her barely clothed body. She knew somewhere else in her prison Ban was probably having the time of his life, talking to the guards endlessly and driving them mad. A sudden pang made her shake her head to rid herself of the thought. A distraction for her muddled mind presented itself at the perfect time as the prison began to quiver. Her head perked up and heard someone shout and loud thumping of soldiers running. Taking that as her cue to leave. Grabbing the chain that held her ankle, she tore it off and rammed her shoulder into the metal door. The door fell off it's hinges and the guards outside her door both stood on guard.

"You! Get back in your cell, Calla the Undead!" Calla cracked her neck and knuckles before grinning.

"Sorry, I need a bath~" She apologized before reappearing behind the first guard and snapping his neck and tossing his limp body at the other before dashing down the hallway and rearing back to dive through the brick wall, shaking her head and letting the stone fly out of her incredibly long black hair. The sun warmed her skin deliciously and she took a big breath of fresh air. Across a small field was deep emerald green forests. Don't mind if I do, she thought. Her feet made no sound as she raced across the tall grass, not noticing her immortal lover getting pulled up by a blond demon on the other side of the prison.