Chapter 23 l Red Demon

Calla found Ban and the other Sins all beating the living shit out of Hendrickson. It was pretty amusing. She still felt the need to beat him into the next year, so she hopped down, pulling out her swords.

"Well then...Let's close the curtains on this calamity." Meliodas said. Hendrickson grinned, demon markings crawling up his face.

"Don't you mean...Raise the curtain on prosperity?" He inquired. His smirk turned sarcastic. "My, my...I am so honored to and humbled to be graced by the presence of the legendary Seven Deadly Sins...!" He turned his gaze towards Calla. "And company. But, you truly are cold blooded criminals, to have abandoned the capital and the citizens to be trampled by the New Generation!" Meliodas lowered his blade some.

"I don't think you're exactly in a very comfortable spot though, Hendrickson." Meliodas pointed out. "Why don't you take a second to look around you?" Hendrickson glanced around, surprise etching his face.

"What's this!? All the New Generation's powers that filled the Capital have disappeared!? And the powers that surround this castle are..." He trailed off at the sound of footsteps and saw multiple knights approaching. Among them were the Roars of Dawn, Guila, Gilthunder and...Calla's eyes narrowed. Gilthunder gave her an almost sheepish look as Calla glared down at Caed. "All the Holy Knights of the Kingdom!" Meliodas grinned.

"Only this time, they're not here to stop the Seven Deadly Sins...But to stop you from getting away!" Hendrickson looked surprised before he cackled.

"Yes! Now things are getting more entertaining!" He called. "I have no idea how you managed to defeat so many New Generation pawns in such a short time...Well done, Sins!" His disremembered arm twitched on the ground before attaching itself back to his shoulder. "However, you cannot defeat me." A sword stuck through his forehead and Calla leaned back.

"I'm sorry, he was getting annoying." She apologized. Hendrickson pulled the blade out of his forehead and threw it back towards her. Calla was speared against the wall as Meliodas rushed forward, cutting Hendrickson's arm clean off. Calla sighed, eyebrow twitching with annoyance.

"Fucking. Asshole." She muttered, gripping the hilt of the sword. She saw a familiar head of blonde hair as Caed ran towards her, calling her name. "Oh, hey." She greeted as he pulled on the sword.

"Why are you talking like that when you're going to die?!" He demanded, wiping furiously as tears ran from his eyes. Calla punched his shoulder playfully.

"Caed, look." She grabbed the sword and pulled it out from the wall, taking a knee as the wound knit back together. He let his head drop.

"Oh, right. Immortal." Calla smiled.

"Yeah. I'm not sending you back, but I still want you to stay far away from the fighting." He opened his mouth to protest, but Calla gave him a look. "It's what's best for you." Caed sighed before nodding. "Good. Be careful." She ruffled his hair before picking up her blade and running towards Hendrickson. She watched as Hendrickson delivered a swift blow to Ban and he went flying, his upper half going through the rocky wall. Calla snorted before he pushed himself out.

"Yo~Hey Hendiiiii, where did you get that?" He inquired. Hendrickson looked surprised.

"What?" He asked.

"I said~" He swung his three-sectioned staff wildly. "Where the fuck did you find that?!" He shouted. The wall behind Hendrickson crumbled and Calla's eyes widened. Hendrickson stood up, wiping his chin, laughing some. And behind him, strung up like a trophy was a red demon.