Chapter 2 l Cheshire Grins

His body ached terribly when he awoke. Most likely because of the cold stone and laying on nothing. Surprised, he still felt warm and looking behind him some form of awe struck him. Calla was curled next to him, softly breathing with her black hair spilling across the ground. Wonder if she got kicked out too. He thought. She must've somehow felt his gaze, for a second later she stirred and her ocean green and blue eyes fluttered open.

"Ban?" She said quietly before her hand reached up a lightly brushed his bruised cheekbone. "Are you alright?" She demanded, sitting up. Ban smacked her hand away.

"I'm fine." He said, and regretted his sharp tone when a small look of hurt passed through her face. "I—uh, sorry." He muttered. "I didn't sleep well last night." Calla giggled.

"I can tell, especially when we were both sleeping on hard stone." She said, smiling. Ban couldn't help but smile back. Her grin was contagious. "And I know you said you were fine, but how's your stomach?" She asked, hand reaching out hesitantly. Ban didn't stop her as she lifted up the hem of his shirt to inspect him closer. A small gasp went through her small frame and her hand lightly brushed against his bruised stomach. Poor thing. She thought. "Alright, I've made up my mind!" She said finally. "I'm going to go and get some food. You stay right here mister." She ordered.

"W—wait! I don't want you getting caught out there." Ban said quickly. Calla smiled sweetly at him. "I'm older than you, so I'll be careful. Now stay here, kay?" Before Ban could stop her, she was clambering up the wall of the roof. He heard a few shingles slip before she was gone.

~Eight Years Later (I know, I know, big time skip brought you by a dead fly. You're welcome.)

Snickering, the pair sprinted down the alleyway. With the training of Zhivago, their hands were daft, grabbing coins and any type of food they saw.

"For you, M'lady~" Ban sang, handing her a a necklace. Calla giggled before inspecting it closer. It had a silver chain and the pendant was shaped like a tear. Her smile widened when she noticed the crimson color, matching the bandit's eyes perfectly.

"Why thank you." She said back as they slowed to a stop. "Can you clip it on?" She asked. Ban obliged, standing on his tippy toes as she lifted her long black hair up. He came up behind her, arms looping around her to bring the necklace around her neck. Calla bit her lip as she felt blush creep up her neck at the feeling of the warmth radiating off of him. Stupid hormones. She thought. The necklace landed on her collarbone, the gem cooling her hot skin.

"Whaddya say we ditch this town and move to something bigger?" He asked. Calla quirked a questioning brow.

"And where might that be?" She asked.

"My pants~" He sang and her face went redder then his eyes. He smirked at her reaction and she went to hide her face behind the curtain of her hair when his fingers brushed the wisps away. "Don't think you can hide from me, cause there ain't nothing I can't steal~" He whispered huskily before his long arms went wide, meaning to swipe her up but Calla dodged him and her feet pounded against the ground as she ran.

"Stay away you scoundrel!" She called over her shoulder and his eyes narrowed at her before he started jogging behind her easily. A few people watched as the two ran, Calla's evident smile never leaving her face. She ducked into the alleyway and hid against the wall. She watched as he ran by and grinned. "Ain't nothing you can't steal my ass." She muttered pushing herself away from the wall when someone landed in front of her.

"Gotcha~" Ban chided, drawing closer as his incisors gleamed with a somewhat dangerous edge. Calla swallowed and her bak hit the wall.

"I—uhm—yeah. Ya' did! Now go away!" She sputtered as his feet brought him closer.

"Nah ah~" He tutted and his hands came out grabbing her waist gently before pulling her against him. Ban grinned at Calla's flushing face and green-blue eyes flicking nervously. "Don't be nervous, My Lily, it just a kiss~" He purred. She swallowed once again visibly before he brought his face down to hers, mouth slanting over her scarred lips. Calla made a muffled sound before his tongue came into play. Her body felt as if it had been turned into liquid fire, but she didn't mind it, she fucking loved it. The hands on her waist lifted her with ease, setting her back against the wall and her ankles locked behind his back, fingers digging into his shoulders. As his body pressed into hers he broke away momentarily before returning to her lips. If before had been gentle, he was passionate in the moment, tongue dipping in and out of her mouth, devouring instead of tasting. Now it was just a game of who broke away first. After a little while, his mouth moved down her chin and neck. Her head tipped up, gasping as he bit down lightly, just enough to leave a little mark and he made the sound of small snicker before tracing over her jugular with the tips of his tongue and teeth. Her hips bucked against him as he lowered his mouth slightly before an angry shout cut them off.

"Oi! What are you two doing?! Get outta here!" Calla yelped and Ban laughed before scooping her up and running.

"Let's get outta here Calla~" He said, grin still evident on his rosy lips.