Chapter 38 l Death Festival, The Sequel

"What in the ever-loving fuck is that?" Calla demanded, motioning towards the creatures across from her. 

"They're demon-birds!" Meliodas called from his platform, Ban by his side. "They're lower level demons, so you should have no trouble." She nodded, hand readied above her blade. "Oh, and Calla?" She cocked her head in his direction. "Keep Elizabeth safe!" She waved her hands in a carefree manner.

"Yeah, yeah, lover boy. I gotchu." She called. "Focus on your own fight." The midnight moonlight glittered on her blade as she swung it experimentally. "Woo boy, this is gonna be easy peasy~" She turned to Elizabeth, who's hands wrung nervously at her sides. "Just stay behind me, Princess. I'll take em' down quick and easy." She nodded as the bird-demons screeched. "Yeah, fuuuck this." She muttered before lunging forward, blade ready. The second, smaller one jumped into the air, swooping down towards Elizabeth, who was nearing the edge. Oh come on. She thought, readying her arm and throwing. Sekhmet went singing through the air, the demon thudding against the battle arena with a still vibrating blade sticking out of its skull. Calla threw her arms up as the other came squawking and flapping angrily. Its claws dug into Calla's arms, blood spattering its blue feathers. "Oho-ho~You picked a bad day to--" She pushed herself away, kicking it in the jaw. "--make me angry!" It went sailing off of the ring, and Gloxinia clapped his hands, spooking Calla as she cursed under her breath. 

"The winner of this match is...Calla the Undead and Princess Elizabeth!" 

~

Ban watched Calla take out the demons with ease, a fond smile on his face. Meliodas elbowed him. 

"C'mon, Ban-Dit~You can snuggle with your woman some other time." He chided. 

"Shut yer trap. You just wanna hurry on over and feel up the Princess, don'tcha, Cap'n." Ban retorted. 

"Please, like you're not dying to go and snuggle Calla." Ban flicked him on the forehead.

"Kaaa, don't lump me in with you, Cappy." He remarked. 

"Am I wrong?" Meliodas asked coyly. "Funny, guess you're still as immature as ever." Ban set a hand on his midsection, sticking his hip out and motioning his hand into the air. 

"Immature?" He echoed. "That's rich, coming from you~" 

"Huh? Where'd your hand go?" Meliodas asked. Ban held out a stump, pointing at his friend. 

"Don't change the subject." He warned, his hand healing. "I ain't like you, Cap'n, who gets his rocks off of feeling up asses." 

"Don't be ridiculous." Meliodas said. "I'm no kid...There's no way I'd be satisfied with just getting my hands on some sweet ass. I'd at least have to squeeze a nice set of bo--" He was cut off by a mass of blue hitting him in the head, one of the similar demon-birds squawking. 

"Cap'n, you got something on your face." Ban pointed out. Meliodas' eyes narrowed. 

"Now you're changing the subject." He crossed his arms. "You know what I think, Ban? I think the very concept of a woman's cushy, plump, wondrous lumps, are just too far beyond your realm of understanding and appreciation." He teased. Ban loomed over him, a sinister grin spreading across his face. 

"Them sounds like fighting words to me. Let's get one thing straight, Captain, you took the words straight outta my..." He reared back, decking the shorter blonde in the face. "...Mouth!" 

"Oho-Ooh~? That soft, silky smooth sensation from holding Calla close is simply the best~" Ban sang. 

"Silky smooth sensation?" Meliodas echoed. "Yeah, sure..." 

"I pitty you, Cap'n, I really do. Those subtle nuances and details go right over your head~" His head snapped up as Meliodas delivered a swift blow to his chin. 

"How's this for subtle?!" He demanded, watching in amusement as Ban went flying into the demon-bird behind him, softening the blow. Meliodas landed gracefully, pointing accusingly at his teammate. "Don't make me say it again, Ban," he warned. "Elizabeth is the cream of the crop!" He announced. Ban snorted. 

"As if~" He sang. "No one holds a candle to Calla...Huh?" He looked down, realizing their opponents were sprawled across the ring, twitching. "How the hell did they die?" Ban wondered, jumping to his feet. 

"Look Ban!" Meliodas called. "I don't know how or when, but it looks like they've been totally wiped out!" Ban huffed. 

"Does that mean we're done?" He asked, voice laced with bored undertones. 

"Looks like it." Meliodas nodded, before he held out a closed fist. Ban knocked his own against the demons as the referee called. 

"THE MELIODAS-BAN DUO HAS WON THE MATCH!!" 

~

A/n: Okay, first, I really owe you guys an apology. I'm sorry it took so long to update, usually I'd update it quicker, but we've been going with school and it. Has. Drained. Me. We're doing block periods, so and hour and ten minutes, and it is total ass. But this shouldn't be an excuse. Currently, I've been working with a new story about Haikyuu!! and I've been caught up in that, along without any motivation for the next few chapters. Like y'all have no idea how excited I am to start working with more of the Ten Commandments and Meliodas and Elizabeth's story. 

So, thank you guys so much for reading, and I'm so sorry for the wait. I hope this chapter will make up for it. Thank you all so much for commenting, voting and reading, I love going over comments, 'cause you all have the crackhead persona, and I love it. 

But, enough of me rambling on. I hope all is well on your ends, school's going good, the fam's good and you're good. 

Love you guys!

~Mynameisinuse1