Chapter 17 l Gilthunder

Once more, his blade lit up with demonic flames and he smirked, rushing towards Arthur. The latter held his sword up in defense, the swords clashing together in a fury of sparks. Hendrickson smirked before something wrapped around his neck.

"What the—?" He was yanked back, oxygen cut off as he went flying. Calla grinned before taking out her blades, jumping down from her perch towards Hendrickson. He rolled to the side and her swords lodged into the stone. A string of curses flew from her mouth as she yanked one from the stone. She was about to pull out the other when a lightning bolt hit her square in the chest. Calla was launched backwards, sliding against the stone. The front of her armor had a charred burn mark, a small fissure running up the front. She sighed. Gilthunder smirked in her direction, still engaged in battle with Meliodas..

"Asshole." She huffed. Momentarily distracted, Hendrickson charged forward, his blade illuminated with black and purple.

"Calla—!" Arthur's warning came too late and Hendrickson swung his sword. Calla flew backwards from the impact, crumping against the wall. Calla groaned, pushing herself up on her elbow. Blood flowed steadily from the horizontal wound, and her tunic underneath was torn open. Hendrickson smirked, holding his bloodied blade out almost triumphantly. He had fatally wounded an immortal after all. He turned to Arthur, ignoring the bloodied woman crumpled against the wall. The world around Calla spun as she blinked her eyes open. Groaning softly, she ripped the bottom half of her tunic off, bunching it up and pressing it against the wound. She distantly heard a feminine shout, and Meliodas yelling. What the hell was going on? She didn't have the energy to care at the moment. Her sight was invested in Arthur as Hendrickson came barreling towards him. Hendrickson swung down, his sword clashing against Arthur's and by using his momentum and weight, his sword came down on the burn mark on Arthur's shoulder. Calla pushed herself up some more, grunting. She lurched forward onto one knee, holding an arm against her stomach. Using the wall as support, she made it to her feet, crying out unintentionally. Arthur was thrown into the rubble sprawling against the stone. A figure clothed in purple hovered next to him as Hendrickson turned back towards her.

"So, the immortal lives." He clicked his tongue. "If only you had joined a different cause, maybe then you could've been of more use." Calla held up one of her swords, hand shaking violently. He eyed the sword before shaking his head, lunging forward. His blade was stopped by a flash of lighting and Calla stumbled back, landing flat on her ass. Despite the situation, Calla threw her head back and laughed weakly.

"Who knew the boy who'd been fighting me minutes ago would save my ass." She was surprised to see him look over his shoulder and smile. "Thank you, Gilthunder."