Chapter 16 l Cinnamon Roll

Before she could kill Dreyfus, she was hit by a blast. She flew through the air, briefly seeing the man with the purple cloak grinning, blade slipping back into it's sheath. Yeah, fuck you. She thought before flying straight into a building, stars floating in front of her tantalizingly. She jumped to her feet, shaking her head. Feeling her cheek bleeding from the impact, and her bone resetting itself she made a mental note. There's another marking to add to the list. I should start tallying this shit. She thought. No longer able to see the whirlwind of tornados, she decided to look for the familiar lightning. It wasn't far. Jumping from building to building, she perched herself above the clashing of blades. And squealed. Audibly. She thought Meliodas was cute. Holy shit, she was proved so wrong. In front of her was the human interpretation of a cinnamon roll. 

Without a thought, she dove towards the battling male and hugged him. The boy made a choked noise, immediately thrashing against her.

"You're so fucking adorable!" She squealed. The man that had been battling him stopped, obviously surprised.

"What is the meaning of this?" He demanded. Calla released her grip on the orange-haired child.

"You lay one finger on this absolute sweetheart, and I'll rip your head off and shove it where the sun doesn't shine. He looked perplexed. "Now shoo! Go on now!" She made a shooing motion and his eyes narrowed.

"Who are you to order me around, girl?" He asked. Calla stuck her tongue out childishly, only realizing he couldn't see through the shadow of her hood. So she flipped him off.

"Decapitate me, I dare you." She taunted, shaking her arms like noodles. He obliged, cutting his blade in an arc. The orange-haired male shouted both in disgust and alarm before steam erupted from her neck, head reappearing, the only marking being a small red line around her neck. She picked up her decapitated head before drop kicking it towards the Holy Knight. He cringed away in disgust, dodging the head before she rushed forward, blade drawn. It slid into his shoulder and the man grunted from the force of the blow.

"Hendrickson!" Gilthunder shouted, distracted from his fight at the sight of the Holy Knight about to get slain. He was brought back to his fight when Meliodas came flying towards him. Calla smirked. Haha, take that, lightning boy. She thought as black flames erupted from his blade and he swung. Calla, her sword still lodged in his shoulder pulled back, unable to dodge the blow. The blade sliced open from above her right brow to the left of her chin, blood spilling down her cheeks. Rage erupted from Calla as she wrenched her sword out, eyes burning with anger. Her hood had come down, the cloak torn off of her shoulders. Above Hendrickson, she looked like an avenging angel, bloodied and blue-green eyes blazing with fury. He was about to feel the immortal's wrath.

~

The sudden energy of a demon distracted Calla momentarily. She had distantly seen the lightning storm next to her, but as the smoke cleared, showing Meliodas holding Gilthunder's sword between his fingers, demon mark pulsing above his brow, she was startled. Hendrickson took this as an opening, taking out her feet from under her. Calla went over the edge of the wall, landing in a heap. She heard armor clad feet running towards her and expected to feel a sword through the stomach. She was not expecting to get pulled up. Her eyes focused, a faint red sheet of blood tinting her vision and she saw the knight helping her up.

"Oh hey cinnamon bun." She greeted, emphasizing her cheerfulness. He chuckled a little.

"My name is Arthur Pendragon, miss. It's nice to meet you." He returned. Calla shook off his arm, straightening her back. The wound on her face was yet to heal, so she knew she'd have to get it fixed up later.

"Calla Williams, lovely to make your acquaintance." Holding out a hand, he shook it. Though, they had no time to talk as Hendrickson dropped down from the wall. "Mind lending me a hand, pretty boy?" She inquired. He blushed a little. Adorable, right here.

"Yeah! You helped me, so it's only fair." Calla drew her swords before motioning Hendrickson closer.

"Let's tango, Hendi!"