Chapter 29 l Festival

A/n: So this is more of a filler chapter and you don't necessarily need to read it because it literally does nothing to the plot. It does have some Caed and Jericho moments tho.

Enjoy!

~

Calla had never been to a festival in her life before—besides any fighting ones. So as she walked through the repaired streets of Liones with Ban, Caed and their...Shadow, Jericho, she looked around with wide eyes.

"What, never been?" Ban inquired. Calla jabbed his side.

"No. I've been on the run for awhile now, Ban-Dit." She turned her chin. "And you don't have to hide. I don't mind if you walk with us." Jericho stumbled, blushing as she sped up a little.

"Why's the barber-boy here?" Ban asked, nose wrinkling up some. Instead of her normal armor, she had a pink and white dress, the bottom with layered ruffles. She wore a pair of black leggings underneath and a pair of gray boots. Calla gave her a kind smile, despite their past interactions.

"You look very nice, Jericho." Calla complimented, giving Ban a long look. The girl blushed, looking away. Cute.

"Um, thanks. You do too." Calla thanked her, looking down. She had pulled on her green shirt, dark pants, knee-high boots and brown jacket back on, one of her swords at her waist. She glanced back, watching as Caed fumbled over his words, trying to talk to her. The pair looked equally flushed and embarrassed. Calla smiled, wrapped an arm around Ban's waist, sighing in content.

"You know, in the moment, I don't think I've ever been happier." She said.

"How so?" Ban asked. She motioned her hand wildly.

"Hendrickson's gone, I've found you again, I've been accepted into your group, I found Caed after all this time and now peace has been restored. And I'm pretty sure Caed's gon' get some at some point from his lady friend back there." Ban chuckled.

"I hope so, she's been following me around since I saved her." Calla cocked a brow.

"When was that?" She inquired.

"When she was a New Generation monster. Now she thinks I'm her only love." He glanced back. "It's kinda creeping me out." She laughed softly before eyeing the food stand. She hadn't eaten since breakfast and was about to start gnawing on her wrist.

"Goddesses above, I'm gonna devour that food stand. You guys want anything?" She looked towards the pair. They didn't even look up, both too invested in the conversation. "Okaaay." She walked towards the man. He looked up, smiling until he saw her face. Calla sighed, knowing he was looking at her scar. "It's a line on my face. Get over it and give me a damn chocolate pastry." She muttered. He snapped into action, passing her a small pastry. She dropped a few gold coins on the thing before stalking towards Ban. His brow rose as she angrily bit down. "God I hate people." She muttered. "You'd think he'd at least say it didn't look bad or something. Jesus." Ban chuckled, ruffling her hair.

"It doesn't." He traced the line. "You look fucking beautiful, and don't let anyone say anything otherwise." She smiled, her cheeks heating up some. She looked up at the night sky then, a grin lifting her lips. "The fireworks are starting soon." She observed. "C'mon, let's go get a good spot." She grabbed Caed's and Ban's hands, dragging them along with her. Ban watched her with an amused look as Jericho yelped when she was tugged along by Caed. They ended up on a large stone wall, overlooking the market. Calla sighed in content as the fireworks began. She leaned against Ban, watching colors blooming in the sky. She smiled at the memory of the night, knowing she would hold it close for the rest of her days.