nineteen

1. hello!! thank you so much for 17k!

2. y'all might have to prepare for another hiatus soon :(. i wish i could be more active during my summer break, but the universe and my school have cursed me with shitloads of assignments and work for my college applications. i'm so sorry if i go off the grid again.

3. if you couldn't tell already, there's a bit of a long (yet important) preface today, so please hang on just a short while!

✵✵✵

unfortunately, the world is stupid; i live in an incredibly conservative republican state; and i know none of my readers on a personal level. i'm just taking a precaution here to avoid any future trouble because of past experiences with this kind of topic. based on the fact that this is a story based on the percy jackson universe, i highly doubt i actually need this, but i'm still putting it out here for surety.

before i get any haters, if anyone doesn't like the incredibly quick (and cOnTrOvErSiAl) dialogue in this chapter, please read this:

———
- it's my story, i can write it how i want

- it has zero significant effect in the future so you can easily forget about it

- it's my story, i can write it how i want

- it takes literally 10 seconds to read and be finished with, meaning it's not worth being pissy about

- it's my story, i can write it how i want

- it's canon and if y'all don't like my inclusion/interpretation of it, you will absolutely hate what riordan wrote in his books

- it's my story; you get the drift
———

i'm not trying to force anything on anyone. i'm not trying to assume that every one of my readers is going to be upset— i know that the majority actually won't be. and i'm not trying to come off as arrogant, i promise.

if anyone is disgusted/upset to the point of hating me and this book, just stop reading. i don't stand for any hateful comments, however.

spread love, please. i want this story and my readers to be inclusive and accepting.

i trust you all. please don't let me down.

✵✵✵

now that that's over, i hope you enjoy 🤍
✺✺✺

"Oh, hey there, valued half-blood account holder!"

Annabeth purses her lips with impatience as she waits for the ATM recording of Plutus to shut up and give her the money she needs. (Y/N) pauses when she walks behind her best friend, backtracking and looking over Annabeth's shoulder.

"So this one isn't creepy, but the one that I used was?" she asks, scoffing and rolling her eyes. "Just my luck."

"Well, the other one didn't try to scam you into signing up for a..." Annabeth scrunches her nose, trying to remember what the god's recording was saying before she skipped the message, "an Aphrodite Express credit card."