fifteen

thank you for 11k!
✺✺✺

Standing there, perfectly unharmed apart from the scar running down his right cheekbone, is the blonde-haired, blue-eyed son of Hermes that tried to kill Percy two years ago:

Luke Castellan.

Percy reaches forward, grabbing Riptide from the ground and standing up, holding it at the ready. "Luke?" He doesn't believe it, hoping to anything that the demigod isn't actually standing in front of him right now.

Luke steps forward, raising an eyebrow, "Turns out you're not the only half-blood who's hard to kill."

He places what Percy can distinguish to be a blue-tinted, sphere-shaped crystal vial into his leather jacket's pocket, and the son of Poseidon looks at it with intrigue. Luke continues, "You know, prophecy. 'Against all odds'."

He scoffs. "Unfortunately, that load of utter bullshit is completely true. Percy Jackson, the boy who just can't die." His final words rumble deep in his throat, and he starts to take a step towards Percy before rethinking the decision.

Percy furrows his eyebrows, holding Riptide out farther in front of him. "What prophecy?" he asks, shaking his head. "What- what are you talking about?"

Luke leans back, feigning surprise. "You don't know? Huh." Percy grits his teeth as Luke continues, "Well, add that to the long list of things your buddy Chiron hasn't shared with you."

Percy lowers his sword ever so slightly, and Luke takes a step forward, the tiniest hint of a smirk pulling at his lips. "Chiron, Mr. D., all the rest," he starts, looking Percy dead in the eye, "They don't care about us. To them, we're just kids."

Percy's gaze begins to fill with doubt, and Luke scoffs. "A bunch of pawns meant to be pushed around, told what to do. I'm not the only half-blood who thinks so."

"Percy!"

Both boys' heads whip to the side at (Y/N)'s voice in the distance. Closer this time, the name is called again, and Percy turns back to Luke, noticing his cold eyes soften for the briefest moment.

The only emotion Percy can decipher is longing.

It makes his blood boil.

But just as quickly as it appeared, the look vanishes, and Luke returns his attention to the teenager in front of him. Percy's anger fades.

Luke backs away, shrugging. "Just think about it," he says, and Percy blinks in surprise when Luke seems to simply vanish in a ripple of darkness.

Percy, stunned, stares at the spot in front of him before dropping Riptide and stumbling backwards into the wall. His knees give way from under him, and he slides down, back pressed against the stones as he rests on the ground.

"Percy!"

He looks to the source of the voice, relief flooding through him at the sight of (Y/N). She runs through the gateway, paying no mind to the mechanical parts scattered on the cobblestones as she rushes to Percy. Falling to her knees in front of him, she cups his face, bringing his head down to press a firm kiss to his hair before pulling back. "Oh, gods, what happened to you?" she breathes out, turning his head from side to side to look at the injuries on his face.

Percy's eyes widen when he notices how dull her skin looks and the exhaustion swirling in her eyes. "Why the fuck are you worried about me? Are you okay?" He pushes her arms away, instead taking her face in his hands and looking her over.

"I'm all right, Blue. I'm okay," she says, but Percy isn't satisfied with that answer.

"You look like shit, (Y/N)."