six

wow.
y'all.
Rise just hit 44k reads!
Fall is now at 3k!

edited: april 7, 2021
✺✺✺

Campers go silent and scurry out of the way when (Y/N) walks past them, her face calm, posture relaxed, and eyes carefully scanning the area for a certain bitch.

Her steps are accompanied by sizzles as the grass under her feet is burnt to a crisp with each footfall, leaving a trail of ashes in her wake. When she catches sight of the specific daughter of Aphrodite, dark flames shoot from under her heels, burning out after the step is taken; the grass around the specific cabin immediately withers, rotting to black in an ominous halo.

(Y/N)'s (Y/E/C) eyes glint with tones of red, and an evilly kind smile makes its way onto her face.

"Tanaka," she drawls, approaching the girl outside of the Aphrodite cabin, who was flirting with a demigod a few years older than her before the life under her feet was leeched out of the earth. The two look at (Y/N) in surprise, and Drew's face pales with fear. The boy, instantly coming to his senses, lets out terrified stutters before running off at a glance from Persephone's daughter.

"(Y-Y/N)!" Drew squeaks, and (Y/N)'s smile widens. "I- I thought that your, um, your Hades stuff was- was gone."

The tall girl starts backing away, her voice riddled with guilt and regret. A deep chuckle rumbles in (Y/N)'s throat, and the underlying red in her irises becomes more visible.

"Oh, Drew, you poor thing," she fakes a mocking pout as the daughter of Aphrodite begins to tremble, "Always making decisions based off assumptions and thinking you can get away with it."

Drew shakes her head, her curls bouncing as she tries to defend herself, "No, I- I don't know what you're talking about."

(Y/N) ticks her tongue, her tone sympathetic, "Really?"

"R- really, I- I swear."

"Well, it wouldn't be the first time."

Drew's cheeks flush with embarrassment and anger, but (Y/N) laughs, the unnaturally kind sound sending shivers down the spines of everyone watching. "I must say, you've given me the incentive to reorganize, so thank you," she tells Drew, who stares at her in fear, her breaths quick and eyes frantically darting around.

Surprisingly, they widen, fixating on something hanging from (Y/N)'s neck as what is perceived to be anger flashes through them.

Noticing this, (Y/N) glances down, humming as she holds up the pendant, "So you were looking for this."

Drew immediately averts her gaze from the seashell to make eye contact, the anger fading away in a millisecond at the passive hatred portrayed in (Y/N)'s expression. Sputters come out of her mouth as she tries to explain. "I- I was just —"

"Just what? Jealous, maybe?"

Drew stares at her, speechless, and (Y/N) drops her act, letting the pendant fall back to its rightful place. "So, let's see if I'm right, here. You wanted the attention of the hero of Olympus and the winner of some big camp tournament, so you were annoyed when he didn't seem interested in you, right?"

Drew ashamedly looks down to her feet, and (Y/N) scoffs. "Wow. What the fuck is wrong with you? You try to steal something he gave me because you think that taking it is better than being ignored, and then when you can't find it, you decide to destroy my cabin. I'm guessing that you felt that would give you some sort of satisfaction, right? You thought that it would be okay and there wouldn't be any repercussions since I wasn't 'strong enough' to confront you without my Hades side? That's pathetic, Drew."