two

omg we already hit 1k! thank you so much!!

edited: april 7, 2021
✺✺✺

"I've lost my stuff."

Annabeth, Chiron, and Grover blink at (Y/N)'s straightforward claim, confusion rooting in them. "You've lost your stuff?" the centaur asks for clarification, looking around the Persephone cabin for anything that might seem missing, and (Y/N) sighs, nodding.

"It wasn't me," Annabeth says, holding up her hands to signify innocence, and her best friend lets out a weak chuckle.

"No, not my actual... stuff, not my possessions. It's uh..." (Y/N) looks down at her feet before shrugging, "My Hades side, it's... gone."

Confusion is joined by surprise, and (Y/N) continues, unsure about the truth of even her own words. "N- not really gone, but it's... it might as well just not be there. I can't do anything on command, so that made me really frustrated earlier, and the smallest fire ever just made me completely weak and sick."

"Shit," Grover breathes out, the realization of the state he had found her in making complete sense to him now.

"But how is that even possible?" Annabeth asks, and (Y/N) responds with another shrug.

"I don't know."

"Are you all right?" Chiron's eyebrows are furrowed in concern, and the daughter of Persephone considers his gentle question with care as she averts her gaze to the floor. She taps her foot on the wooden boards, her fingers softly drumming against the surface of her desk as she leans against it. She opens her mouth to answer, not finding the right words for what she wants to say. Sighing, she looks up at the three confidants in front of her.

"Yeah, I mean," she pauses, pursing her lips in thought before continuing, "I didn't always have the Underworld stuff, and it's not like I've lost my regular abilities, but I've just gotten so used to having complete control over everything, you know? I- I'm more confused than upset, I just wanna know why it happened."

They nod in understanding, each of them trying to think of reasons for (Y/N)'s current situation. "Well, it has to be because of the poison," Annabeth offers, her statement agreed upon by all.

"But that's out of my system, right?" (Y/N) clarifies, eyebrows furrowed.

Grover crosses his arms. "You'd be dead if it wasn't."

"You're feeling completely recovered despite that, correct?" Chiron asks, and (Y/N) nods, confidently.

"I could probably spar like normal and be fine," she says, glancing at Annabeth, "I mean, I'm not allowed to, but I'm sure I'd be okay."

"That's so weird," Annabeth mutters, and (Y/N) lets out a bitter chuckle.

"Yep."

"Are you sure that you can do all your Persephone stuff without any problems?" Grover asks, and (Y/N) nods.

"Yeah, look," she holds a hand to her cabin's entrance, and a group of thin vines creeps in from outside. They gently whip past Grover before wrapping and tightening around his legs, lifting him into the air so he hangs upside-down. He exclaims in surprise and fear, his arms flailing wildly in an attempt to possibly right himself. (Y/N) lets out a light laugh, accompanied by Annabeth and Chiron, and the vines turn Grover horns-up. His hooves drop safely onto the floor, and the plants recede back into the ground outside the cabin.

"Okay, you didn't have to do that," the satyr complains, dusting himself off with slightly trembling arms.

"Sorry, Goat Boy," she apologizes, smiling in amusement. He waves her off, knowing it was in good heart, and (Y/N) turns back to the others. "I guess I'm just gonna have to start from the beginning," she tells them, earning sympathetic looks.