fourteen

1. thank you for 9k!

2. i'm super glad y'all liked the last chapter! it was my favorite to write by far ☺️

3. because i've got so much stuff going on, here's a nice and long action-packed chapter for today. i do want to let y'all know ahead of time that there is a very high possibility i'll have to take a break from updating so i can balance my life.

things are piling up and it will only continue, so i unfortunately don't have as much time to write as i used to. hopefully things will pick up speed in the summer, but in this month and the next i'm incredibly busy. i'm so so sorry if i later go off the grid for a bit before returning.

4. anyway, remember to drink some water and get at least a few hours of sleep ok? make sure you're taking care of yourself >:(

as always, i hope you enjoy!
✺✺✺

Percy takes a deep breath, staring forward at the trail to the Big House as Annabeth and Grover jog up beside him. "So, why did Mr. D. summon you?" Grover has a teasing smile on his face, "It is not good to get summoned."

"Yeah, last time we got summoned was after that slip-and-slide," Annabeth nudges the worried boy's shoulder, and Percy lets out a soft whine of fear.

"You don't get summoned to the Big House without a major-league screw-up. We had to clean, like, everything for a week!" Grover adds, snickering at Percy's death glare.

"Oh, stop worrying him," a familiar voice sounds, its owner landing steadily on the ground in front of the trio.

The three teenagers let out terrified screams, earning a raised eyebrow from (Y/N) and concerned glances from surrounding campers. "Where the fuck did you come from?" Annabeth all but shrieks, her head swiveling around. The daughter of Persephone smirks, opening her mouth to respond when Percy sticks a hand out to signal her to stop.

"Not that way," he blurts out, recognizing the mischievous glint in her eye, and (Y/N) pouts.

"Thanks for ruining my fun, Blue," she complains, but her lips quirk up in amusement. "I left my bow and quiver in the forest yesterday," she says, gesturing to the two items slung across her back. "And there's a tree right there." She points at a tall fir to her right, specifically a branch jutting out above where she stands.

"Oh," Grover draws out the sound, nodding in understanding.

Annabeth sighs, laughing, "You almost gave me a heart attack."

"I almost gave all of you a heart attack," (Y/N) chuckles, her voice slightly apologetic as she tags on a, "Sorry."

"Anyway," Percy turns his head to Grover as the quartet starts walking together to the Big House, "I didn't screw up. I- I cleaned the entire coliseum. And vacuumed."

"Yeah, I didn't do anything, either, and I got summoned, too," (Y/N) shrugs, making the trio turn to her in confusion. "What?" she asks, defensive, "I don't know why!"

"You two must've messed up real bad," Grover chuckles, and the girls roll their eyes. Percy, however, struggles to fight back the approaching tsunami of worry that threatens to drown him.