26. Black Lake

You stormed away from the boys, tried to catch up with Lily, but she had already disappeared. It was no use trying to find her, the endless hallways and rooms, so you decided to just go down to the Black Lake, a favorite of yours to go and be alone.

You walked over to "your tree" and climbed up as high as you could on it, it was the highest tree in and around the castle.

You dangled your legs, looking down at the ground almost fifty feet below you. How did I get dragged into this! Just lost my best friend trying to play a prank with these bloody idiots!

You leaned your back against the trunk and buried your face in your hands, and sat in the tree for over an hour.

Just as it was getting dark out, you heard some footsteps crunching on branches, then a splash in the water. You stayed as still as possible. No other sounds were heard for a while, and now it was completely dark outside.

Just as you were about to go and climb down, you heard another splash as whoever it was got out of the lake, and crunches of the branches as they sat down. You heard them start to... were they crying? You listened a bit more. Yeah, they were crying.

Deciding to let them figure it out, you stayed quiet in your tree, listening to whoever it was lightly cry.

Another ten minutes or so went by. Will they leave already? I'm tired of this tr- ACHOO!

Oh no! They had definitely found you now. Blowing your cover with a bloody sneeze. Great. Just great.

"Who is it!" The person called out.

You stayed still.

"I said who is it! I know you're up there!"

You gave up now, and climbed down the tree, raising your hands in surrender.

"Lumos," he spoke clearly. A small light showed you his face, and exposed yours.

"Sirius?"

He was wearing a small jacket, not his usual leather one, over some black pants, his hair was wet.

"Y/n! Listen to me, please," he said desperately.

"Oh Merlin no, why should I?" You took a step backwards. The nerve of this boy!

"Y/n look! Just stop!" He reached out and grabbed your hand, you pulled it out of his grasp. "It wasn't me!" He yelled.

You looked up at him, his eyes filled with tears.

"Listen. James promised me it'd be a joke, he promised he wouldn't do anything stupid!"

"And why should I believe that?" You snapped.

He sighed, but not his usual sarcastic one, he was sad this time. "You know I'd never do anything to hurt Lily," he paused, then looked directly into your eyes. "Or you."

"Sirius, look, I can tell you're sorry, I really am, just... how do I know your telling the truth, that you really mean that?"

"Because..." his gaze shifted down to the floor. You raised your eyebrows. Still nothing.

"Well if you won't say anything then goodbye Black." You turned around, and started walking away from him, half expecting him to say something, but he stayed quiet while you took a few more steps.

"Oh screw it," he muttered. "BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!"

You turned back to him. "Because you..." Your heart skipped a beat.

"Sirius I love you too you know that, but that doesn't exactly clarify-"

"No! I... I really love you! And I know what you're going to say, it's all in my head or I don't know im talking about or-"

"Sirius."

"-Or its just the same love that's always been there and we can't do anything like this or-"

"Sirius."

"-You don't think that way about me but I bloody love you!"

"SIRIUS!" You yelled finally stopping him. He looked at you again. Your turn for tears. You searched his stormy eyes for any sign of acting, but there wasn't any. This was real.

"Get over here you bloody idiot." You pulled him into a hug, burying your face into his neck. A few tears rolled down your face.

"Y/n, I'm so sorry, please forgive me, I just ruined it all, and I understand if you want to leave and never talk to me again-"

You kissed him cutting him off. Never in a million years would you have thought you'd kiss the Sirius Black for love instead of anything, but here you were.

You pulled away, it was a short kiss. You looked into his eyes again, the light of the wand behind you now. "I don't hate you, it took you long enough to confess." You ruffled his hair.

"I- what? Long enough to confess?"

"Yes you idiot! What you think I never liked you or anything? I was waiting for you to make the first move, that's how it works!"

He stared at you. "All this time... we could've already been doing, well, this," he gestured to you both. "But we didn't because you had to be stubborn?"

You nodded.

"What...? So, how long have you, you know..."

"Liked you? Since I saw you that December evening in my doorway twelve years ago," You confessed, smiling while looking down at the ground.

"Wow." He grabbed your arms and pulled you closer to him, then picked you up.

"Sirius! Put me down you arse!" You shouted. He didn't, so you wrapped your legs around his waist, your arms around his neck, and he kissed you again.

——

You ran through the halls with Sirius, holding his hand and pulling him along, not aware that you had probably lost all of your friends.

When you came across a few kids standing in a corridor, you quickly shoved him back around the corner, then, tried to hide your laughter by throwing yourself into him against the wall. He held your waist and kissed you again.

"Lets go this way yeah?" He whispered, still smiling. You nodded and let him pull you the opposite way, then ran that way until you got to the library. He pulled you all the way through to the restricted section, where it wasn't likely at all that you'd find anyone looking for a midnight study session.

He pinned you against a shelf. "Just to be clear, we're not ever telling anyone about this right?"

You nodded as you stood on your toes to kiss him again.

A/N: So I might stop doing the titles for the chapters, do you guys like that or? Because my brain sucks at coming up with names.

Also this chapter is terribly written but I like it, and if you're my friends from school or whatever reading this, please stop and never come back =D

Until the next chapter Potterheads