9. TONIGHT

That night, you went to bed with the thoughts of today still in your mind. Right before you lay down, you remembered 'The Plan'.

You ran to the boys dorm, running in without knocking knowing it was just the four boys in there that you were with anyways. You knew the password by now, so really all you usually did before going in was knock. All of them were sitting on their beds, talking.

"Y/n! Can you bloody knock?" Remus snapped at you. No need to be rude!

Then you saw Sirius.

Sirius.

The one person you forgot was in that dorm too, your excitement quickly turning into embarrassment.

"Wait! You didn't come her for Sirius did you?" James asked, a devilish smirk displayed on his face. "Didn't you guys-"

"No,"
"Yes,"

You stared at Sirius and Remus, who at the same time you said 'no', both said yes. You gave Remus a threatening glare. "Lupin dont get involved in this," you said, your voice almost at a whisper.

"You embarrassed mate?" James asked.
"I- what? No..." you hesitantly replied, a little too quick to be believable.

"I didn't come here to talk to you guys about sno- about Sirius," you caught yourself. "Don't we have something to do tonight?" You stood at the door of the dorm, arms crossed.

"Oh! R- right yeah!" Peter exclaimed looking at his friends for approval. "Then get to it!" You ordered them.

They all cast the spell, wands pointed at their beds, then pointed in the direction they wanted to go.

Floating out of the dorm into the common area, they waited for you.

"Get my Lilyflower while you're up there for me!" James shouted after you.

"Ill do my best!" you yelled back. You sat on your bed and cast the spell on it, leaning against the headboard wrapped in your blanket.

"Lily, Lily, Lily," you tapped her once for every time you said her name. "I'm not doing this," she grumpily replied.

"Not even for Jamesy?" You asked, giving her puppy-dog eyes.

"Definitely not for James." She huffed. "For me then, I can't be alone with them!" You pleaded. "Fine!" She frowned, climbing onto your bed. You started to tell her to get her own bed but decided against it, you didn't want to push it.

"But the way I see it Parker you're doing fine with Sirius aren't you?" She gave you a rude smile. I don't like him! You told yourself, but ignored her out loud.

Steering the bed out to the common rooms to meet up with the boys, you couldn't stop thinking about Sirius. You wanted to do this prank whole-heartedly, but that ruined itself when today happened.

"Ready?" Sirius smiled, asking everyone. You all nodded eagerly, then drove your beds out into the hallway, 5 beds going 2 at a time through Hogwarts.

The first few minutes you sat in silence, then started talking about complete nonsense, then about how genius this was.

For a good hour, you all wandered around school comfortably, talking and laughing and shushing each other when you felt you were getting too loud.

"I hate to say it, but this is fun," Lily finally admitted. "I told you my Lilyflower," James smiled at her. About to give him a nasty reply, she cut herself off and said, "Call me whatever you want Potter, but know I will never date you."

"For now," James mumbled.

Continuing your ride, you enjoyed all of it, it helped take your mind off the events of today. This is fun, not awkward, just six friends, FRIENDS, enjoying their life, you told yourself. You really were enjoying it though, doing fun things like this to catch up with each other made you happier, made you feel free.

That's when it ended.

"You six better have a good explanation for all this." Came the voice of someone, someone who tended to catch you almost every time.

Professor McGonagall.

word count: 666