24. SLEEPING TROUBLES

You lay in bed unable to fall asleep, you didn't exactly know why. Maybe it's because of the intense scene that happened in front of my poor eyes. You joked in your head.

You tossed and turned and you even got out of bed and went to the bathroom a few times, but not even a wink of sleep came.

You gave up and just lay down and stared at the roof of your four-poster bed, you got bored and    reached    over   to    your   wand,   then performed a spell making stars and constellations appear in front of your scarred eyes.

You sighed and moved them around, watched them twinkle and dim out for who knows how long before you heard the door start to open.

You couldn't see who it was since it was so dark, but your knew it wasn't any of your roommates; they were all in the room. You assumed it was one of the marauders coming to annoy you, maybe James coming for revenge.

"Can't sleep?" A non-James voice said.

"Mm-mm, and you?" You asked who you assumed was Sirius. He shook his head though you couldn't see it, "same."

He started walking towards you. "Scoot over," he said.

You whined in an almost baby-like voice, "No I'm comfy."

"Alright fine," you felt a sudden weight on top of you, Sirius was laying on you now. You sighed then pushed him off before scooting towards the left side of the bed.

"Yay," he said in his sleepy voice, which was very childish. He lay down next to you and you cuddled to his side putting the blanket over you both.

This was when you realized he was still shirtless. But of course, why would Sirius Black wear a shirt unless he had to? It didn't bother you in the smallest bit, you'd known him so long you'd gotten used to things like this.

"You're not sleeping together are you?" A girl's voice said. Lily's.

"Dont worry it's not the first," you told her.

"Or the tenth," Sirius added quietly, but since the room was dead silent anyways, Lily heard him.

"The tenth?!" She exclaimed in surprise. You sighed then sat up straight. "Lily, my love, my human friend, we've done a lot of things I've never even talked about with you. Get used to it."

With that you lay back down and put your head on his bare chest, hugged him with your left arm and put your leg over his covering him in a hug.

Of course, having done this however many times before, he wasn't surprised or bothered, he just hugged you and closed his eyes and tried to fall asleep.

"We're so waking up late tomorrow," you said.

"Yeah, Slughorn won't be too happy."

You smiled to yourself and closed your eyes and finally fell asleep.

** SIRIUS'S PERSPECTIVE **

I was proud to call her my best friend, she was always there for me, never scared to beat someone up, she's the smartest person I know, and she's a genius for pranks.

She's also absolutely beautiful. Not like I fancy her or anything, I'm just saying. Just the way she doesn't get bothered by anything I do like literally every other girl amazes me.

Laying there with her with her was nothing new, but just watching her as her body rose and fell while she slept, feeling her soft body against mine, her bare stomach, it felt different.

What am I thinking, shut up Sirius! I thought. Friends is all we are, best friends. That's it.

I cuddled closer to her and tilted my head against hers before closing my eyes and finally falling asleep.