13. DISTURBANCE

You all awkwardly stared at each other, not really knowing what to say or do. Soon enough, Remus grabbed a book from the bookshelf behind him, Peter asked if he could hand him one since he was sitting the closest, so they both had their noses in books.

You looked down at your hands and started fidgeting with the ring you had on, Lily leaned back in her seat and stared at the ceiling, and James and Sirius whispered to each other.

At this point, you slouched down and tried to pick up some of their conversation not looking at them so it seemed you could care less.

All you could hear for a while was whispering, not words, so you gave up. You stood up and walked towards your dorm.

"Where're you going mate?" James asked.

"To my dorm I'm bored," you answered. He shrugged and turned back to his conversation with his friend.

You plopped down on your bed and sighed, then your eyes fell on a random paper on the floor, so you reached over and picked it up.

You hadn't the seen this letter before so you assumed a friend dropped it off, or an owl came by and dropped it through the window. You looked up to confirm the window was open, which it was, so that's what you assumed.

You opened the letter, it wasn't in an envelope, just a folded piece of paper.

My Lilyflower,
How's your day been? I hope it was well, I just wanted to ask you something, but I know there's no way you would respond properly if I asked you in person, so please read this, you don't have to reply if you don't want to, but I hope you will.

Here goes nothing, Lily Evans, you are my favorite person in the world, please please please could you give me a chance and maybe come to Hogsmeade with me next time we go?

Love, you know who this is from

Obviously it was a note to Lily from James, so you folded it up and put it on her bed. Then you thought that there was no way she'd say yes to this, and you felt bad, James had been in love with her since first year.

"Accio Rose," you chanted. In a matter of seconds, a rose flew in through the window and landed in your hand, and you placed it on the letter. That should help a bit. You thought, satisfied with your work.

Then, you felt a terrible cramp in your stomach. Oh no. You thought about what day it had to be, and according to your calculations, it was the 13th. Oh great.

You ran into the bathroom and sat on the toilet, the blood stain clearly visible on your pants.

Great, just great. You reached for the packet of pads on the shelf then put one on. Why does this have to bloody happen? You groaned.

——

You laid on your bed, now curled up into a ball. You had been there for a good 10 minutes now, thinking about school that would start tomorrow. Then you heard a knock at the door, and you knew immediately who it was.

"You don't have to knock Remus," you told the boy as he walked in. You knew it was him because your roommates never bothered to knock, it was their room after all, and the other three boys didn't have the common sense to knock before entering a girls room.

"I know but its seems rude if I don't," He insisted. "Thanks," you smiled.

He looked down at where you lay then saw the box of pads laying there. You followed his eyes then noticed he was looking at them and quickly kicked the box under your bed. You hoped he wouldn't make fun of you or anything.

To your surprise, he looked back up at you and asked, "That time of month again huh?" You nodded, thankful he didn't say anything weird. "Same," he responded to your nod. "Mind if I join you?"

"Sure," you said. He felt your pain, why would he make fun of you? Stupid stupid stupid, you mentally smacked your head.

He walked to your bed and you scooted, making room for him. He lay down on the right side, his head resting on the stack of pillows, one knee propped up. He reached into his pocket pulling out a chocolate bar.

"I heard it helps to eat chocolate, do you want some?" He asked.

"Thank you Remus," you smiled. You were happy you had friends that understood you, especially a boy, Remus was different from the others, you knew they wouldn't have reacted like this.

You broke off a piece and ate it, slowly sucking on it, letting the flavor fill your mouth. He broke off a piece and did the same.

You leaned your head against his shoulder, your hand on his chest, and he gently put his hand on your arm.

You sat there in silence eating chocolate, you weren't nervous, just relaxed, and you could tell he was too.

All of a sudden, the door slammed open making both of you jump.

"Moony are you in he-" Sirius barged in the other four following him, then noticed you guys laying in your bed, basically cuddling.

"OI! REMUS WHAT THE BLOODY H-" He started, then was cut off.

"Shut up will you Black?" You yelled at him, or tried anyways, but your voice was weak. Peter looked absolutely lost, Sirius looked furious for some unknown reasons, Lily looked shocked, James completely dumbfounded.

"Why do you even care? Neither of us feel too good, so we're trying to relax," You explained, rolling your eyes.

"I- it's not that I care, I just, don't... get why you're... cuddling?" He stuttered.

"He's jealous because he doesn't..." Peter started then trailed off due to glares from his friends. "Because he doesn't what?" Lily demanded.

Sirius looked like he was going to hex Peter then and there, so he shook his head and looked down at his feet, absolutely terrified. "Peter you tell me right now!" You yelled at him. He looked like he was about to cry, then you felt bad and apologized.

"I- I can't, it's not my story to tell," he said it so quietly you barely heard him. You sat up now, staring at your friends, at Remus, at the poor Peter, then at Lily who was just as confused as you were.

"Pretend this conversation didn't happen, we're going out to the courtyard, do you guys want to come?" Sirius asked. His usual confidence and perk was gone, he looked shy and looked down at his feet as he said it.

"Yeah... let's go," Remus replied, the same quiet tone as Sirius.

word count: 1.1k