15. HOUSE PARTY

Music was blasting out of radios, drowned out by the yells and chatter of partying Gryffindors, colorful lights swirling the room, confetti constantly falling from nowhere.

Being honest, you were never one for parties, you'd always say in the back, watching people, you'd talk with them of course, but you wouldn't get too involved with anything that happened.

The music was too loud, the constant yelling adding on to it deafening your ears.

"You ok?" The all-too familiar voice of Sirius asked. "Yeah, just too loud for me, I'm not one for parties."

Whoever your parents would host parties, or the Malfoys, or really anyone else, you'd go to a quieter area such as the courtyards or small hallways, and Sirius would usually join you after a while.

"Same," he held out his hand. "Do you wanna come up to the tower?"

You took his hand and stood up, walking towards the stairs that lead to the dorm rooms. Then you spotted Lily and James talking, you could tell they were having a real conversation, not a 'Lily scolding James' conversation. You tapped Sirius's arm and pointed to them. He smiled. "Finally, took them long enough!"

"I know, it might've been the note he put up for him," you suggested. He nodded, still smiling. Then he led you up the stairs into the area between the boys and girl dorm, through the secret hole you discovered a few years back behind a painting. Carefully, you climbed the few feet up the wall with him following you now, holding onto the cracks in between bricks for support. Once you got on the roof, you, still carefully of course, ran the length of the roof until you got to the astronomy tower, once again climbing the wall a few feet before reaching the area.

It scared you every time, but it always sent a rush of adrenaline through you making you exited and happy, sneaking out of such a secure building in the middle of the night with your best friend. Best friend. That's all he is, I've known him forever, I don't like him.

You sat on the edge of the half-wall railing, as far to the edge as you could without falling, you liked the view.

"Isn't that a bit too close to the edge love?" He asked in a sly tone.
"Depends, will you catch me if I fall?" You replied. He raised raised his hands up to add an effect.
"I won't jump after you that's for sure," he joked.
"Then yes, it is too close," you said, scooting a bit towards the middle of the seat. He let out a sarcastic laugh and you gave him a sarcastic smile. He stood there, walking back and forth kicking around a rock, then a smile spread across his face.

"I know, let's play a game," he said. Oh no, his idea of "games" were not the best. "Bombs away, what is it?" You replied, leaning your back against the wall and rolling your eyes.

"I'm going to try to make you nervous, and you have to not get nervous," he gave you an evil smile.
"Since when do you like me Black?"
"I don't, now do you want to play or not?" He said rudely.
"You're on," you smirked. He sat down on the seat next to you. "You nervous?" 
"Nope," you said, popping the 'p'. Then he scooted closer and raised his eyebrows as in asking. Once again, you said "nope."

Now he stood up and took your hand pulling you up too. "You nervous?"

"Nope," He pulled you closer to him to where you were nearly a foot apart. "Nope." He sighed, then held your hands in his, pulling you yet closer, only a few inches apart now.

"Still aren't nervous?" He asked frowning.
"Just a bit love," you pouted. He slid his hands gently across your back and rested it on your waist.

You shook your head, then he threw his head back and sighed dramatically.

"Nope."

Now he put his left hand on your cheek pulling you even closer with one hand still on your waist. You decided to annoy him a bit and flickered your eyes at his lips for a split second.

"Am I making you nervous?" You teased. "Not a chance you flirt,"

"Oh I'm the flirt?" You widened your eyes and scoffed. He nodded. "Ill show you what a flirt is Black," you whispered, then put one hand on his face, the other on his arm that was resting on your waist. You let your eyes flick to his lips again before meeting yours to his.

Clearly, he wasn't thinking you'd actually do it, because he didn't respond immediately, then all of a sudden realized what was happening too late, by then, you'd already pulled yourself away from him.

"That's two you lovebirds!" An exited voice exclaimed, making both of you jump.

"James how do you get up here so bloody quietly?" You snapped, your face turning fifty shades of red.

"I have my ways," he shrugged, smirking. "Glad I caught you this time."

"We weren't... we were... studying...?" You lied.

"What's your test on? Human anatomy?"

"Oh my Merlin, go away Prongs," Sirius said, also embarrassed. He put up his hands in surrender and claimed back down the wall, to the roof, through the secret hole. "You want to try again?" He asked, a big grin spreading his face.

"Don't flatter yourself, I was trying to tease you," you rolled your eyes.

"Worth a shot," he shrugged. "I'm going to bed, we have school tomorrow, good night," you said, then climbed down the wall, across the roof, through the secret hole, back into your dorm room.

You lay in your bed not bothering to change into your pajamas. You fell asleep almost instantly, ready for the next day, school.

word count: 912