19. ASTRONOMY

It was almost ten at night. The stars lit up the sky, it looked beautiful from the tower, the moon shining bright, almost full, give or take a few days. You knew you'd be missing an astronomy lesson soon.

You stood by the edge of the tower leaning against the railing, breathing in the night air. You stayed there for a while, you were a bit early to class so you had time, then, two boys came and stood on opposite sides of you.

"Hey y/n, whatcha doin?" James said happily.
"Oh I'm making some tacos how about you?" You asked sarcastically, James rolled his eyes. "Just trying to be nice ouch."

You ignored them and drifted your gaze back to the stars. "You looking at me?" Sirius asked playfully.
"What?"
"My star, are you looking at my star?" He said.
"Oh no, I'm just looking, where is it though?" you asked leaning onto the railing a bit too comfortably. Sirius at first looked like pulling you back then decided against it, now he and James leaned against the railing to look for it.

"Look there's Sirius, can you guys see the constellation?" James said pointing to the bright star. You followed his finger and saw the star too, then you tilted your head to the side to see it better. "I found it first!" You said once you could map out the constellation.

"No, I found the star!" James said defensively. You shook your head and lightly laughed.
"Nuh uh!

** SIRIUS'S PERSPECTIVE **

I smiled at my two best friends arguing over who saw Sirius first. I looked at the stars, there were so many lighting up the navy blue sky. Without even noticing, my gaze slowly drifted to y/n.

Y/n. My best friend, fifteen years I've known her, she was there for me when nobody else was. Her back was turned to me, she leaned too far over the railing to be safe, but I knew she'd be fine. Listening to her and James argue, I smiled to myself thinking about her, all the times she's protected me, comforted me, I've never hidden anything from her, not until now at least.

What she didn't know couldn't hurt her.

I thought about what Regulus said, rumors going around, us being a couple and all, I couldn't help but give it more thought. Being the flirt that I am, many rumors have gone around of me and some girl, normally I wouldn't mind, but y/n was different. She wasn't head over heals for me like some girls.

This one girl Madeline Agreste, she slipped me a love potion once, I almost died climbing a tree to be alone with her without even knowing it. Then Y/n came to the rescue. She took me to Slughorn and found a anti-potion for it.

Another girl named Petunia Rossellini, she and a few friends surrounded me until I was forced to go out with her. Y/n came around the corner and hexed a few of them freeing me.

I stared at her a bit longer, her beautiful hair, the way her- my robes fir her body, then I noticed James looking at me smirking. I gave him a glare saying to drop it, luckily, he took the hint.

I can't like her, it's be too weird, almost like crushing on a younger sister, for the longest time, that's what I thought of her, until last year.

Maybe what she didn't know could hurt her.

** NORMAL PERSPECTIVE **

You saw James's glance drift off to Sirius and you turned around to face him. He was looking at James giving him a glare back, you decide not to get involved.

——

"We will be starting on a project this month," Professor Rigel started off. "You need to create a model of our galaxy. You will need to have at least five planets, the sun, and at least three constellations.

"Your model will need to move, magically of course. You will have until the end of this month to complete this, that's near three weeks. I will let you choose your partners on this project, work in groups of three please.

"If you have any questions, feel free to ask once we have begun, go ahead." As soon as she gave you the go, you James, and Sirius immediately looked at each other.

"I call the planets," you said quickly.
"I call constellations!" Sirius said
"So I'm doing the magic part?" James asked. You nodded. "And the sun."