5. GREAT HALL

The six of you walked into the great hall, mischievous smiles etched on your faces from the conversation not too long ago, drowned out by the smiles of the other students.

Spotting the Gryffindor table, farthest to the left, you all headed towards it. To your surprise, none of the tables were full, meaning you were either early or most of Hogwarts missed the Express. Not bloody likely, the Express was full as ever, you thought.

Finding a place to sit, you, Remus, and Lily by the Slytherins, James, Sirius, and Peter by the wall right across from you.

"I still can't believe I got an 'O' in Muggle Studies, y/n, you should have seen my mum's face when she saw, it was priceless!" Sirius's voice carried across to the Slytherin table.

"Oi Sirius, acting tough now are we? Wasn't like that two days ago was it? Poor boy cried like a baby when mummy yelled at him," Regulus Arcturus Black sneered. A few Slytherins laughed at the comment, and Gryffindors around you guys turned at looked at him.

That bloody idiot! I'll hex him! you told yourself. Anger building up in you as he spoke, you glared at him and gripped your wand.

"Oh! And your girlfriend here, she'll protect you won't she?" He had an evil look on his face.

Most people probably couldn't imagine Sirius crying, they must have thought he really was a baby, but of course, you'd known him since forever , and almost every month you saw him either crying or breaking down thanks to his family, not like it didn't happen to you, but right now, it was him that mattered.

You knew how much he wanted a brother he could laugh with, play pranks with, not one that bullied and teased him, not one that everyone thought was better than him, one that everyone favored over him.

Before Sirius could open his mouth for a reply, and you could tell how much that's brought him down, even if he didn't show it, you shot a hex at Regulus.
"Densaugeo!" You yelled, pointing your wand at his face. Huge buck-teeth immediately shot out of his mouth, and knowing it would wear out in a half hour, you didn't even bother thinking about counter-hexes.

You sat back down not looking back again, being a perfect student, you didn't have to worry about a simple spell going wrong.

Immediately, you looked at Sirius, who was looking at you, fighting back tears, but showing nothing but a smile on the outside.

"Peter swap seats with me," you ordered. He did what you told him almost instantly, seeming somewhat scared of you. You wanted to tell him you'd never hurt him, but your pride got in the way, all that mattered was Sirius right now.

The other five wouldn't understand how this felt no matter how long you explained, you've tried before, so when something like this did happen, he was all you had, and you were all he had.
You sat down next to him, not wanting to cause a scene, so you waited until every one looked away from the incident, moving on, and quickly grabbed the Invisibility Cloak from James mouthing a thank you.

Quickly, you put the Cloak over you and Sirius, making sure nobody saw, then turned to face him.

"You alright mate?" You asked. He didn't even bother to hide his tears from you. "Thank you y/n, thank you," he sniffed.

"Here, get up, sit by the wall, it'll be more comfortable," you told him, and the two of you stood carefully taking care not to show any part of you to other students, then sat leaning against the wall a few feet back from the bench.

"Hey, look it's ok," you started, giving a genuine smile, trying your best to help him. "He's just jealous he could never be as amazing as you."

"Are you flirting with me Parker?" he looked at you and smiled, tears still in his eyes.

"You're an idiot Black, I'm trying to make you feel better,"
"Flirting with me isn't helping," he laughed, "well, I guess it is."
"Shut up and take the compliment." You nudged his shoulder.

As more students piled into the Hall, you both could sense Dumbledore's speech coming up. "Come on, we need to get back on the bench if we want food." You grabbed his arm and lightly pulled him up.

"Wait, y/n," he pulled you back down but he wall. "Can we stay here?" he made his signature puppy-dog eyes, he was good at it, it worked most of the time, but you could easily resist them.

In fourth year when the three boys took the Animagus potion for Remus, you knew they would get into trouble, especially being unregistered, so you decided to take it with them. While Sirius was a black dog, you were a white dog. I still don't know how I got a dog, I always thought I'd be a bird or something, you remembered thinking.

Naturally, you were also very persuasive with puppy-dog eyes, and easily able to resist them.

"As much as I love you Sirius, I haven't eaten since the beginning of the train ride, and I would not like to die," you complained,
your voice hinting sarcasm.

"Worth a shot," he shrugged, wiping his eyes and face.

You both walked up to the bench and quickly slipped off the Cloak when nobody was watching, except James who had been slightly suspicious you'd steal the Cloak and run off.

"You two weren't snogging there were you?" he asked, giving you guys a side-smile. Remus looked at you and Sirius and laughed.

"No you idiot," Sirius snapped. Was he blushing? You thought you saw him blushing, No why would he blush.

word count: 979